By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

We're witnessing the birth of a new prolific IP... the miracle of life :')

Unless Square pulls another Radiata Stories... (which I had never knewn until now and looks amazing - why kill it square!)

Around the Network
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
kopstudent89 said:
Good for BD... P X-zone not so much.. Excellent 3DS numbers!

PXZ had good numbers, it's predecessor Namco X Capcom (PS2) opened with 87, 223 units. So it's basically almost the exact same.

But I this is a bigger game. Not flopped, but could have been more for me.

pezus said:

Like it was for the Wii, right? ;o

PS3 + 360 was always a bigger market than the Wii. And a better market too for big franchises. I don't defend the Wii like many, you know me. To me its SD use made it terrible even for non-hardcore gamers like me. And like always, there's exceptions to the rule - but don't you think support benefits the winner - even when there's simply no other instance where that did not happened?

I meant by that what's been happening for the 3DS.  I said on the other thread: the hole goes much deeper than the PS3/Wii scenario.

First: Vita is selling way worse than PS3 (at half the price, notice). PS3 always had "saviors" too, even before launch.

Second: 3DS will pass Wii's lifetime sales in the next 6 months and already have all big franchises in its pocket.

You're comparing Vita with the PS3, but not comparing 3DS with the Wii.

Glad to see RE6 continued to sell well.

VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

You seem to ignore the memo: Don't judge it till its first Christmas

Vita launched before Christmas last year in Japan, so it already had it's first Christmas. Maybe we need to give it another 1 or 2 Christmas holidays.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/hardware/pch1000za01.html

• 発売日
    2011年12月17日(土)

edit: just saw your post above. ;-p

Not only did the Vita launch LATE into the holidays in Japan, it went head to head with the 3DS and Monster Hunter........it hasn't had its first full holiday yet.

Yes it has.

Around the Network

Yes, those are really nice sales for Bravely Default! Can we have it now, please SE?

You just tell me when we are allowed to call it the 'Mortis'.

kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

Seems to be doing 'okay' (for its own personal standards) in Europe.

Tragic for Japan though.

Anyway, tagging.  Nothing much to say really.  Nice FW for Bravely (now IP it up further, Squeenix) and decent legs for EDF.

As usual, thanks for the effort Noctis.

VicViper said:
hiska-kun said:
VicViper said:

Vita in fact has a nice chance for an OK next week.

Two of its biggest games are being released today.
Other than Legend of Heroes Evolution, there's also fan-favorite Little Battlers Xperience W - also on PSP, but Vita might get a good slice of the pie. And there's also FIFA. All in all, a pretty big week for Vita.

Pics make everything better:

3DS: Nothing

PSP: Same as vita minus Legend of Heroes.

Do you remember the other OK week for Vita the end of september? Vita sold 14.469 that time.

This week looks worse, Legend of Heroes will sell less than Ys, and LBXW Vita will bomb hard.

This time I added a "for Vita"

(as in "by Vita standards" - I'm safe). I'm very curious about LBX vita (and PSP) - contrary to those others - like Nobunaga, this one I'm keeping positive thoughts.

Ok then.xD

But I'm more pessimistic than you for LBX Vita. Kids are the target of this game, but kids can't purchase a Vita because is too expensive. While I'm expecting a slightly higher result for AKB48 (as young men that can purchase Vita will be the target that time), I expect a total bomba for LBXW.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

If 144K triggered localization, we should be playing Type-0 by now. Good sales don't always mean localization.

ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

If 144K triggered localization, we should be playing Type-0 by now. Good sales don't always mean localization.

I think PSP's situation in the west had a lot to do with that though.

Edit:

And since we got Theatrhythm we should get this one.