By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

Salnax said:
Good job Bravely Default!

Let's see... I don't know what's next week, but the 3DS should enter Kickass mode soon. In November, we have a bunch of retail downloads, EX Troopers, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Layton vs Ace Attorney. Then in December, we have Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Dragon Quest, Inazuma Eleven, and Fantasy Life. Pity the West has a lame lineup in comparison...

Dragon Quest? Rocket Slime Best Hits won't sell 1k :)

But yeah, kick ass mode starts when Animal Crossing Jumps Out.

Around the Network

Excellent Bravely Default numbers and considering the only advertisements it got were demos on the eShop... I am very happy with these numbers. Also a commercial just aired recently for the game, so I hope it continues to do well. Now can you localize it, Square?

I expected more from PXZ, but after seeing some more gameplay footage it does make sense. It still did decently. (Note: Famistu has it's numbers at a near 100k. Bundle included?)

Vita has hit an all time new low, which is sad to see. Didn't Legend of Heroes release this week?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

I am sure you are smart enough to know that if the dynamics of the system don't change (whether positive: price cut, non porpority memory, more content from the major japanese publishers or negative: Sony takes it off the market), the sales are going to remain stangant at these low levels.  I don't see how you (or others) dont tire of writing the same thing every week.

kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

It needs a price cut to go with the games set to release in the West.

That is the only idea i've got.

The device isn't doing real well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This Vita new low won't be "topped" at least in a while.

That's the last week without releases, none will be huge, but at least won't let it below this mark. That and holiday sales, which will make every device known to man sell better.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

That's the last week without releases, none will be huge, but at least won't let it below this mark. That and holiday sales, which will make every device known to man sell better.

I dont think its a matter of the Vita hitting new lows, to me they are buying their time, sooner to later they have to make one of two choices

1. Take the system off the market, keep its loss to ~1 year, rethink its mobile future, possibly with their phone unit and move on.  Let the internet trolls bask in the glow of this sony failure

2. Take steps to make it a viable game system for publishers (including Sony themselves).  Make it affordable, non propritiety, reduce fees or game royalities so the big publishers can take bigger gambles; just flip the script to make the vita little/moderate risk high reward as opposed to the current high risk, little reward.

@basil I'm pretty sure that was what it was called. It's a port/remake of a PSP RPG I know that.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

Train wreck said:
VicViper said:

I dont think its a matter of the Vita hitting new lows, to me they are buying their time, sooner to later they have to make one of two choices

1. Take the system off the market, keep its loss to ~1 year, rethink its mobile future, possibly with their phone unit and move on.  Let the internet trolls bask in the glow of this sony failure

2. Take steps to make it a viable game system for publishers (including Sony themselves).  Make it affordable, non propritiety, reduce fees or game royalities so the big publishers can take bigger gambles; just flip the script to make the vita little/moderate risk high reward as opposed to the current high risk, little reward.

Big games takes two years to make. That's something for the future. They need something for the now - that is price cut.

3DS-Vita marketshare gap is growing to unmanageable levels - and the worst is yet to come with the combo holidays + MH4. Price cut is necessary imo as an emergency solution.

forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

Trust Harada.