By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2nd debate, who won? Obama or Romney?

Who won the 2nd debate?

President Barack Obama 299 57.72%

Governor MItt Romney 149 28.76%

Nobody/tie 70 13.51%

Total:518
killerzX said:

while i disagree that obama spanked him, actually i think romney did slightly better (shocking, i know)

but this is actually a good thing for obama, as it looks like romney was flat out wrong, and a doofus. because candy corrected him, and the audience cheered.

i read this too i thought it was funny: "if they were truly undecided voters, they were apparetnly undecided between president obama and the green party"

yeah, nice pick of undecided voters.  Half the audience cheers when Candy corrects Romney that Obama said act of terror, then the other half of the audience cheers when she says Romney is essentially correct on the rest of his accusation.  Pretty obvious divisions and loyalties there...

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

That's really only due to the fact that you kept pressing and highlighting a point in which you pretty demonstratably wrong on.

Like, I haven't even seen the debate... and this is the only thing I get out of this thread because you kept going on about something you were just wrong on... I mean, even the Atlantic has no problem admitting that Obama didn't call it a terrorist attack and even went so far as to be behind his own administration in doing so.

"Elsewhere in the Sept. 20 interview, Obama made the startling statement that "you can't change Washington from the inside, you can only change it from the outside." He blamed the deadly storming of the Benghazi consulate on reaction to an incendiary American-made video even though other members of his administration had already begun describing it as a preplanned terrorist attack"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/10/why-we-shouldnt-be-surprised-obama-is-falling-behind/263644/

Cnn etc... the fact checkers go against obama and you on this one.  Surprisngly.  Since usually they would just stick to such a quick mention, but actually dug deeper on the issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57533862/fact-checking-the-second-presidential-debate/

If you want to focus on the parts where Obama beat Romney... focus on those points.  Rather then trying to defend the points where he lost.

Your link to cbs agrees with me. He referred to it as an act of terror in the rose garden, then later says something else. I have been saying that this entire time.

oh and sept. 20 comes after sept 12.

theprof00 said:
chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:

feel free to prove me wrong, but the two polls I can remember off the top of my head were CNN 67 to 25 and CBS 44 to 21.  I remember seeing more, but I don't remember the exact numbers.  I just remember that Romney was considered the winner by at least a 2 to 1 margin in all of them.  

try almost 4 to 1...it was the biggest debate win in history

http://gop12.thehill.com/2012/10/gallup-romney-scored-biggest-debate-win.html

According to Gallup, Republicans gave him a 95% win over Obama, Independents picked him, 70%-19%, and even Democrats thought Romney won, 49%-39%.

The problem, is that your link has republicans, liberals, and undecided voters as evenly split thirds. That is why these numbers don't add up. the undecided are like 12% of voters.

are you confusing independent voters with undecided voters?  Because democrats, republicans, and independents do make up roughly about thirds. 

chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
literally impossible.

what is?

2:1

feel free to prove me wrong, but the two polls I can remember off the top of my head were CNN 67 to 25 and CBS 44 to 21.  I remember seeing more, but I don't remember the exact numbers.  I just remember that Romney was considered the winner by at least a 2 to 1 margin in all of them.  

If you factor in the 210% bias of that blog and the fact that gallup leans quite a bit to the right, then the true ratio is much lower.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

gergroy said:
killerzX said:

while i disagree that obama spanked him, actually i think romney did slightly better (shocking, i know)

but this is actually a good thing for obama, as it looks like romney was flat out wrong, and a doofus. because candy corrected him, and the audience cheered.

i read this too i thought it was funny: "if they were truly undecided voters, they were apparetnly undecided between president obama and the green party"

yeah, nice pick of undecided voters.  Half the audience cheers when Candy corrects Romney that Obama said act of terror, then the other half of the audience cheers when she says Romney is essentially correct on the rest of his accusation.  Pretty obvious divisions and loyalties there...

it was hardly half, it was quite a loud cheer when she corrected romney, and a sputtering of cheers when she said romeny was kinda right.

but i was also talking about the questions, especially near the end: "how are you going to control those big scary assualt attack murder rifles?" "how are you going to help illegal immigrants?" "its bush's fault, how are you different than him?" "women get payed a slave wage, how are you going to increase womens pay?"

Around the Network
gergroy said:
theprof00 said:
chriscox1121 said:
gergroy said:

According to Gallup, Republicans gave him a 95% win over Obama, Independents picked him, 70%-19%, and even Democrats thought Romney won, 49%-39%.

The problem, is that your link has republicans, liberals, and undecided voters as evenly split thirds. That is why these numbers don't add up. the undecided are like 12% of voters.

are you confusing independent voters with undecided voters?  Because democrats, republicans, and independents do make up roughly about thirds. 

ah yes i am. Interestingly enough independent's are 40% of our population?!?! news to me :D

Romney's level of aggresion vs Obama's

theprof00 said:
gergroy said:

ah yes i am. Interestingly enough independent's are 40% of our population?!?! news to me :D

yep sir, and I consider myself independent.  I think they need a good centrist party that can help moderate these two political parties, because honestly, they don't work together too well.  

chocoloco said:

maybe he is just yawning?  I do that sometimes when obama talks...

gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

maybe he is just yawning?  I do that sometimes when obama talks...

Why does that matter? You should vote on policy and your world view not how one of them talks.