By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions: Halo 4 will be GOTY... Metacritic between 94-97

Nsanity said:
Halo is so lucky Last of Us got pushed back?

Yeah....this.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barozi said:
Yeah I expect Hitman to be about the same as Max Payne 3.
Or next years Tomb Raider.

Last of Us of God of War Ascension will definitely be in the contenders spot next year. Halo is so lucky Last of Us got pushed back.

Think you got it mixed up there. Last of Us would have been crushed sales wise. Even GOTY speaking Halo 4s online options dwarf that of LOU

Yeah dont even worry about it.  I think he just wanted to hype up some sony titles 

Interesting, think Gears of War Judgement will beat Last of US, God of War or even Bioshock? 2013 is a stacked year. Gears of War 2 and 3 couldn't beat Uncharted for GOTY when they came out.

Awards wise no. Sales wise, yes. Not Bioshock though because its sales will be good across all platforms its on combined.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Argh_College said:
Aldro said:
Pavolink said:
I'm expecting 91 and ACIII as the GOTY with a 94.

Wanna bet?

I say AC3 will have under 90 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

I say Halo 4 will have over 93 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

Am I correct in 1 and wrong in 1, we call it a tie.

Winner gets Sig control until 1st February 2012 ?

You seem very confident about that... Keep in mind that AC3 is the type of game that can get way better reviews... Nobody is giving FPS those amazing scores anymore because market is saturated.

:) MY GUT FEELING NEVER LIEZ

Pavolink said:
Aldro said:
Pavolink said:
I'm expecting 91 and ACIII as the GOTY with a 94.

Wanna bet?

I say AC3 will have under 90 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

I say Halo 4 will have over 93 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

Am I correct in 1 and wrong in 1, we call it a tie.

Winner gets Sig control until 1st February 2012 ?

Ok. It's a deal.

Hello there!

It appears AC3 will indeed be under 90 meta. (Its 83 based on just 4 now, will change ofcourse but 90 is looking very grim). Ofcourse we have 1 month to wait before we can be 100% sure.

Just halo 4 down to go! Its either a tie, or I win. (most likely)

Mwehehehe >:D

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Aldro said:
pezus said:
Aldro said:

AC3 will flop. I am looking forward to the game but I for some reason don't believe in it. Feel free to shove it in my face if im wrong.

Halo 4 will get 95-96 metacritic. I seriously believe this. The year has been rather lackluster, people are just waiting to give rave reviews :P

Wtf...why?!

I CANT EXPLAIN IT OKAY? UBI INVITED ME TO SEE IT

nah I keed xD

I cant explain it, I just cant. If it gets above 90 meta, color me surprised. My guess is mid to high 80s.

after watching gameplay videos of AC3, theres no way its going to flop! this is the biggest AC yet and it looks amazing. the lowest i would go with is 88 meta score.

83 Based on 4 at the moment. WILL probably increase ofcourse, its FAR to early to tell. But yeah, 90's is looking extremly dark. 88 still has a shot. Barely but still.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Hello there!

It appears AC3 will indeed be under 90 meta. (Its 83 based on just 4 now, will change ofcourse but 90 is looking very grim). Ofcourse we have 1 month to wait before we can be 100% sure.

Guess I'm doomed.

(._. )

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Anything higher than that and we can be certain they all got a large shipment of mountain dew and doritos.

Pavolink said:
Aldro said:

Hello there!

Guess I'm doomed.

(._. )

Well .. H4 could get like 92-93 but the reason I doubt this is because this year is just waiting to pour out 10's to a game lol. Unless Hitman Absolution is a major hit (I dont expect it to be insanely good, but good probably yeah) then its just a no brainer that Halo 4 will be touted as GOTY and recieve A LOT of perfect scores. I think ive found like 2-3 maybe 4 for AC3 thus far. Its just not breaking that 90 mark. Too many 7 and 8s also.

I got every game in the AC franchise and the developers are good.. but they just.. aren't as good as AC3 previews made it look.

I still love the franchise and the game, the score doesnt mean shit to me but I just found it funny that so many actually thought itd recieve insane praise. Now some are telling me that Halo 4 wont be able to get 94+ , but quite honestly, the game almost feels like Uncharted 2 did in 2009 in terms of the calibre of what we have seen. Its a big leap and theres a bunch of money behind to support that. The game WILL be insanely good and the year is despite many great titles, still in need of that one very praised game. Mass Effect 3 being the closest and that game didnt go too well with the fans due to that ending.

Gz Halo 4, the spot light is all yours.

On Thursday, we shall see if Halo 4 can do what other 2012 games couldnt!

On a personal note, I hope Halo 4 gets GOTY. Really deserves it from the effort we have seen. I STILL get comments (not here) on Uncharted 2 winning GOTY in 2009. Now I can hopefully say: 2009 was sooooo 3 years ago. Live in the present.....Halo 4 GOTY 2012!

Halo, dont disapoint

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Just came to say I Am eating major crow right now. I was convinced this game would be the game to have high 90s on Meta. I suppose i've lost my mojo (if I ever had one).

Also appears that Mass Effect 3 just might be GOTY after all x_X