By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox 360 Gets a $50 Price Cut at GameStop and other major retailers

So both Sony's and MS' bodies are getting ready for Wii U.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

i dont mind the console price that much but they should think about lowering the subscription price of xbox live.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

This is permanent at least through the holidays as the Halo console will also be recieving a $50 cut. Not sure what affect it will have on sales but it will certainly help

I think it's crazy that those are 'sale' prices, not exactly the deal of the century.  Last year's Black Friday sale had 2 games bundled for $199.  That was a deal.  They're not even trying to be competitive anymore, just raking in profits to put toward Xbox

Microsoft does this every year, don't they? Amazon advertises it as a "Holiday Promotion". I know they had $50 off last year, as well. This is part of the reason why the 360 always does so well at the end of the year. I was planning to buy one when the price dropped this time around, until my circumstances changed.

It might be early this year, but it makes a lot of sense considering the upcoming FPS titles.

Around the Network

@theshape31

Actually MS is bundling Forza 4 and Skyrim with the 360 this holiday. Sick bundle

They better cut the price if they want to continue to dominate the US market. Otherwise, 3DS, Wii U and Vita will gain more and more market share.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

BenVTrigger said:
@theshape31

Actually MS is bundling Forza 4 and Skyrim with the 360 this holiday. Sick bundle

It's too bad that Skyrim is a download code, and it's priced at $299.  Maybe on Black Friday it'll be $199, which would truly make it a sick bundle.

thehusbo said:
seems a bit pointless if its just in the USA. the 360 already sells really well at its current price and lowering would just cut the profit margin and probably not have a huge effect on sales. it would be far better to cut the price in europe or somewhere else where the 360 is weak.

Well they recently cut the price just about everywhere else in the world so this price cut makes a lot of sense.

Its not priced at 299.......

Im standing in Gamestop right now and just sold one for 249......