By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much is Sony promoting the Superslim in your area?

How often do you see Superslim advertisements?

Never 106 71.14%

Rarely 22 14.77%

Mildly often 10 6.71%

Frequently 5 3.36%

Excessively 6 4.03%

Total:149
Jay520 said:

I live in a fairly major city in the United States (Detroit, MI) and I haven't witnessed a single advert from Sony. No commercials, no billboards, no flyers, etc. I haven't even seen website advertisements. This is strange because I saw advertisements everywhere for the original Slim in 2009. Sony played at least three different Kevin Butler ads in late 2009. But for the Superslim, it's like they're not trying.

Could this be a result of the Kevin Butler issue? Perhaps they're waiting for all of the bundle variations are released? Perhaps they're waiting for PABR and LBP Karting are released? Either way, they've been pretty much absent in my area. No one even knows that there was a redesign. Not even my gamer friends who are usually informed of things like this. This just seems strange.

Where do you live and how is Sony promoting the Superslim in your area?

Hopefully, a lot of people respond so we can get a fairly widespread assessment of the situation. 

Beverly Hills?  Grosse Point?

None here either.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

Beverly Hills?  Grosse Point?

Huh?

I haven't seen a playstation commercial in a long time. Only some (multiplatform) game commercials on space with the x360 logo at the end as usual.

If I hadn't found out about it from this site, I wouldn't have known about it at all.

theres been a few vita adverts shown recently in the UK, but not seen one ps3 slim advert. the fifa adverts with all the playstation branding is shown quite often though

Around the Network

I havent seen any gaming adds on tv. Except borderlands. But I only watch natgeo, discovery and sci.

Over here all I see are Vita adverts for the new LBP game and stuff. I don't even watch much TV anyways.....

I usually see about 2 Vita ads a day and I watch barely any TV.

As for the new PS3 slim, I haven't seen anything on it outside of VGChartz and gaming news websites. Not a single advertisement.

Lots of Vita ads on TV. I don't watch much TV these days either, but I usually record the Simpsons every day at 6PM, and there's usually a Vita advert in the ad break.

Only slim PS3 advert I've seen is the Fifa bundle, does that count? I've seen that quite a few times.

edit: Just realised that FIFA advert might not even be for super-slim.  It's this advert:

But heavily trimmed down to about 15 seconds or so.  I can't remember if they replaced the PS3 at the end with super-slim, but probably not.

Plenty of Vita adverts in the UK , but none for the Super Slim.