By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Gran Turismo 5 still reach 10 million?

Tagged games:

How much will GT5 sell? (Choose the most precise answer)

Over 8.5 million 43 23.12%

Over 9.0 million!!! 32 17.20%

Over 9.5 million 22 11.83%

Over 10 million 89 47.85%

Total:186
Michael-5 said:

However regardless of weather GT5 sells more then 9.36 or even 10 million units, does it matter? Every prior Gran Turismo game had its sales phased out by a sequal after 2-3 years of release (with the exception of GT4), and they all had a second GT game available on the platform. GT5 will not be getting these setbacks.

I guess not...but then again, very little matters on this site

Around the Network

The last two weeks it sold over 30k per week... great sales... I expect the sales to go up in November/December.

500-700k in the holidays is possible.

very possible but i say 9.5m at least.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

However regardless of weather GT5 sells more then 9.36 or even 10 million units, does it matter? Every prior Gran Turismo game had its sales phased out by a sequal after 2-3 years of release (with the exception of GT4), and they all had a second GT game available on the platform. GT5 will not be getting these setbacks.

I guess not...but then again, very little matters on this site

You could say that about anything, even life itself.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:
The last two weeks it sold over 30k per week... great sales... I expect the sales to go up in November/December.

I think that's pushing it, but maybe they will bundle GT5 for the holidays like Sony does with some of its other games.

I think 300k for the holidays pushing annual sales to 1.1 million, and then 500-600k next year. So by end of 2013 I think GT5 will be at 8.7 million. Don't know how well it will do when the PS4 releases and I think that comes out October 2013.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:

I think that's pushing it, but maybe they will bundle GT5 for the holidays like Sony does with some of its other games.

I think 300k for the holidays pushing annual sales to 1.1 million, and then 500-600k next year. So by end of 2013 I think GT5 will be at 8.7 million. Don't know how well it will do when the PS4 releases and I think that comes out October 2013.

It's already 900k in the year... so before holidays (nov-dec) it will be around 1 million... 1.1 million for the year is almost impossible... 1.3 million is the lowest sales for this year I can see.

My maths...

Today: 892k

13rd Oct: 927k
20th Oct: 965k
27th Oct: 1.005k

Nov: 1.249k

Dec: 1.503k

LTD:  ~8.6 million

I'm being very very conservative.

Kynes said:
Jay520 said:
Kynes said:
ethomaz said:

Kynes said:
At the same time, it's the worst generation for GT games sales, by far.

GT5 is the fastest GT selling game in Europe... and WW is tracking ahead GT4.

GT4 had GT3 on the same console, so it's natural that GT5 sells more. If GT5 didn't sell more, it would be horrible sales for a GT game.

You can spin it all that you want, GT5 sales are disappointing for a lone GT game on a generation.

Whether or not GT5's sales are disappointing is irrelevant. Stay on topic.

Let me guess. It's OK to praise the game sales, as Ethomaz did, but it's a no no if I say the sales are disappointing for a GT game?

You guessed right. Here if you don't praise GT5 sales, the PS3 fans will tell you to shut up. The truth is that it didnt performed as well as they expected and they just can't accept it. Not that the game sales are bad but let's be honest, the fact that it will struggle to reach 9 million and that there was only one game released during the generation says a lot.

OT: As I always said: No.

atma998 said:

OT: As I always said: No.

lol lol lol

You said it should not exceed 6 million.

GT5 today is the best selling GT in Europe ever... the sales are better than GT4... the unique GT to sell better than GT5 was GT3 due the massive bundle in US.

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:

I think 300k for the holidays pushing annual sales to 1.1 1.2 million, and then 500-600k next year. So by end of 2013 I think GT5 will be at 8.7 8.8 million. Don't know how well it will do when the PS4 releases and I think that comes out October 2013.

It's already 900k in the year... so before holidays (nov-dec) it will be around 1 million... 1.1 million for the year is almost impossible... 1.3 million is the lowest sales for this year I can see.

My maths...

Today: 892k

13rd Oct: 927k
20th Oct: 965k
27th Oct: 1.005k

Nov: 1.249k

Dec: 1.503k

LTD:  ~8.6 million

I'm being very very conservative.

Sorry, I thought it was at 800k for the year, so add 100k my year end prediction.

Has it been sustaining 30lk weekly for the past few weeks? Is it possible that the release of Forza Horizon (generating hype among racing games) or a bundle/sale somewhere is boosting sales?

If it hold 30k weekly for the remaining 13 weeks of the year, that's 390k. 400k sales for the remainder of the year would put GT5 at 8.3 million correct?

Anyway I'm not saying your wrong, I can respect your opinion, GT5 is doing much better then I expected, I just disagree, I think I'm being concervative and you're somewhere between liberal and conservative. Either way 8.3 - say 8.8 million. Not bad, it has a chance to break 10 million.

On another note....will GTA IV break 10 million? It's only at 9.33 million on PS3 ATM (That graph in the OP is wrong, GTA IV should be one whole cell lower).

Michael-5 said:

Sorry, I thought it was at 800k for the year, so add 100k my year end prediction.

Has it been sustaining 30lk weekly for the past few weeks? Is it possible that the release of Forza Horizon (generating hype among racing games) or a bundle/sale somewhere is boosting sales?

If it hold 30k weekly for the remaining 13 weeks of the year, that's 390k. 400k sales for the remainder of the year would put GT5 at 8.3 million correct?

Anyway I'm not saying your wrong, I can respect your opinion, GT5 is doing much better then I expected, I just disagree, I think I'm being concervative and you're somewhere between liberal and conservative. Either way 8.3 - say 8.8 million. Not bad, it has a chance to break 10 million.

On another note....will GTA IV break 10 million? It's only at 9.33 million on PS3 ATM (That graph in the OP is wrong, GTA IV should be one whole cell lower).

It is sustaining 30k in the last weeks and just go below 20k in three or four weeks in the year.

You're doing the calculations correctly but you are forgetting the last two weeks of November (Black Friday) and the first two of December when it will sell 60-80k per week.

Only these four weeks must add 250-350k the overall sales for the year.