By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Philips Electronics pulls out of Presidential Debate Sponsorship

SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:

That suggests to me that the people to target with these grassroots protests would be companies like Gallup or Reuters, or the major media outlets. Get broader polling, and you would have free advertising for some of these third-party guys.

Yeah, they tried that one...

Obviously they got their attention. That's when you keep hammering away, to grow from a nuisance to a real problem that they will have to acknowledge and address. Who sponsors ppppolls? Where does their revenue come from? Find them, and attack attack attack.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Obviously they got their attention. That's when you keep hammering away, to grow from a nuisance to a real problem that they will have to acknowledge and address. Who sponsors ppppolls? Where does their revenue come from? Find them, and attack attack attack.

That's the approach they're taking now. Rather than focusing direction on th Presidential Debate Commission, they're gunning for the sponsors.

SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:

That's the approach they're taking now. Rather than focusing direction on th Presidential Debate Commission, they're gunning for the sponsors.

Right, but i don't think the debate commission is going to change its mind on the matter. To me the pollsters would be the easier nut to crack, without having to tackle the Commission

Mr Khan said:

Right, but i don't think the debate commission is going to change its mind on the matter. To me the pollsters would be the easier nut to crack, without having to tackle the Commission

It's too late for the polls, the "invites have already been sent out", ie, any future polls will not have any effect. This is more like a last-ditch attempt.

I mean, they've managed to get Philips to pull out. One more of the larger sponsors, and the commission is really going to have to start reconsidering

So no more entertaining the candidates with CD-i Zelda games?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:

It's too late for the polls, the "invites have already been sent out", ie, any future polls will not have any effect. This is more like a last-ditch attempt.

I mean, they've managed to get Philips to pull out. One more of the larger sponsors, and the commission is really going to have to start reconsidering

I know it's too late for polls now. I'm thinking of the future.

Mr Khan said:

In terms of the future, I'm hoping this will be the worst election in modern history, and that things will turn around. At least one of the parties will have to start to really accommodate the views of the population, soon. Unrest is growing too strong. Unless the parties want to face death, completely.

SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:

In terms of the future, I'm hoping this will be the worst election in modern history, and that things will turn around. At least one of the parties will have to start to really accommodate the views of the population, soon. Unrest is growing too strong. Unless the parties want to face death, completely.

I've been saying that we're due for a realignment. Two party still, of course, but one that sees both sides being more ideologically consistent.