By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Producers Working alongside Platinum to develop Bayonetta 2

Nintendo Is Getting Its Hands Dirty With Bayonetta 2

Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 | 10:00 BST by Damien McFerran

Platinum confirm that Nintendo has producers working on the title

We've already been over the fact that Bayonetta 2's announcement for the Wii U has upset a very vocal minority of fanboys who expected the sequel to come to the PS3 or Xbox 360, but it's possible that there could be further misery in store for those who cried foul at the news.

Platinum's Hideki Kamiya has revealed via Twitter that Nintendo has producers working alongside his company on the game. This means that it's very unlikely that Bayonetta 2 will appear on any format other than the Wii U; Nintendo is hardly going to pour development cash into the game to see it released for a rival system later on.

That sound you just heard? It's all those Platinum fanboys begrudgingly booking their Wii U preorders.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/nintendo_is_getting_its_hands_dirty_with_bayonetta_2

Do you think this is a good thing? What do you think Nintendo will bring to the game?

Around the Network

I like what I read there :)

Expected.

I hope they do the same with any other franchise. They have deep pockets, they can go on a bribing spree, as long as it economically is making sense.

I think GTAV makes sense.

I doubt Nintendo could afford to bribe GTA V, or that Take Two would do it, it's just won't make sense for them. The bad will it'd create wouldn't be worth whatever Nintendo paid, as least not it we're talking exclusive.

Nintendo will only help make Bayonetta 2 an even better game than it already would have been. Great news for fans of the game, as long as they don't mind getting a WiiU to play it.

Nintendo working on Bayonetta? Ohh dear :S

Around the Network

Oh crap, more cries from gamers... lol

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Hopefully they're better than the SEGA producers.

Oh, who am I kidding. Of course they are.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

can I make a 'this is better than sex' comment? well, if I can, this news is better than sex. Nintendo should get the guys over at Retro to help out. And maybe include Samus Aron as an etra character for a second play trough, that would be awsome

But seriously, I think Nintendo would love to work on such a 'hardcore' title and I bet those Ninty producers are queuing up to get to work on the game. I hope this means that Ninty and Platinum will form a lasting partnership.

Nintendo has made me proud.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Odds are, Nintendo's people are there to learn how to make games of this nature; same thing they did with Team Ninja.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Unless they say the exact producers, this tells me for certain the game will be less risque and probably T rated due to Nintendo of Japan being pretty conservative.

I just hope it isn't anyone that helped craft the storyline for Metriod: Other M.

But if they told me Intelligent Systems or Retro Studio I would need to change pants.