By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS4 won't be cutting edge, and neither will Xbox3 - or Why Nintendo might win next gen

Is my reasoning sound?

Hellz yeah! Spot on 265 33.42%

I never thought of it like that.... 69 8.70%

So it's the mental institution next for you? 101 12.74%

So very, very wrong 266 33.54%

I'm a pussy with no opinion 88 11.10%

Total:789
DanneSandin said:
Hahaha yeah I know :D I don't know how to put it any other way... I could try with: WiiU>>>>>>>PS720 ;)

Or how about Wii U ==== PS720? 

Around the Network

The WiiU you will be the best console, and sell the most, just like the Wii
it will have the best casual and core games, just like the Wii, also it will be the most afordable again like the Wii
its following Wii route which is great for gamers and Nintendo at the same time

DieAppleDie said:
The WiiU you will be the best console, and sell the most, just like the Wii
it will have the best casual and core games, just like the Wii, also it will be the most afordable again like the Wii
its following Wii route which is great for gamers and Nintendo at the same time

I don't think so. Wii U will not sell the most and the best console part is naturally subjective. It will be the best console for some and the worst console for some.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
Hahaha yeah I know :D I don't know how to put it any other way... I could try with: WiiU>>>>>>>PS720 ;)

yea, I don't even know what that's supposed to mean :P sry ninpie

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

sales2099 said:
Your right about MS and Nintendo, but Sony has been making the high end specs for a while and with Vita going that route, I doubt PS4 will be any different

They have made ONE high specs home console, out of three. But yes, Vita and PSP is/was more powerful than the competition - but it didn't really help Sony at all. The PSP got them into handhelds, but they blew it with the Vita. Considering their financial state and the state of the yen they can't afford to make a monster console (as stated it the OP). I hope for their sake that they find another way to promote PS4 instead of more specs... No matter what they do MS will be able to blow them out of the waters anyways...

(PS it seems like this topic gets an occasional bump every now and then :P)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Those launch prices are interesting, the inflation adjustments questionable.

DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

yea, I don't even know what that's supposed to mean :P sry ninpie

It's supposed to mean Wii U = PS720... It's quite easy to understand.

In the UK the 60GB PS3 launched in March 2007 for £425. Adjusted for inflation that's £503 ($810).

In the US the same PS3 launched in November 2006 for $600. Adjusted for inflation that's $688 (£427).

We pay so much ;-(

One thing inflation adjusting doesn't take into account is most people's wages have pretty much stagnated in real terms over the last few decades.

DanneSandin said:
sales2099 said:
Your right about MS and Nintendo, but Sony has been making the high end specs for a while and with Vita going that route, I doubt PS4 will be any different

They have made ONE high specs home console, out of three. But yes, Vita and PSP is/was more powerful than the competition - but it didn't really help Sony at all. The PSP got them into handhelds, but they blew it with the Vita. Considering their financial state and the state of the yen they can't afford to make a monster console (as stated it the OP). I hope for their sake that they find another way to promote PS4 instead of more specs... No matter what they do MS will be able to blow them out of the waters anyways...

(PS it seems like this topic gets an occasional bump every now and then :P)

Not saying its gonna be another $599 console, but it will certainly boast the highest specs of the 3. And regardless whether Sony "should" go back to the PS1 and PS2 roots, they seem pretty committed to the high spec business model now, for better or for worse.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.