By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

Jay520 said:

I don't understand. Aside from the sound, It seems to slide open quickly and smoothly to me. 

Well, look at the last part of the video. To me even standing is not exactly perfect, but what a difference it makes. It's doesn't make that "krak" sound.

The thing even opened after beng locked at one time.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Jay520 said:

I don't understand. Aside from the sound, It seems to slide open quickly and smoothly to me. 

Well, look at the last part of the video. To me even standing is not exactly perfect, but what a difference it makes. It's doesn't make that "krak" sound.

The thing even opened after beng locked at one time.

Yeah, the sound is the only thing that gives off a rough feeling

And the only difference between the horizontal positioning and the vertical position is the speed that it opens.

@ 3:09, you can see his finger hit the eject button

Nice vid. I hate the new disk area and the grooves. Size is awesome and I'm sure it works fine.

Jay520 said:

Yeah, the sound is the only thing that gives off a rough feeling

And the only difference between the horizontal positioning and the vertical position is the speed that it opens.

@ 3:09, you can see his finger hit the eject button - [sorry about that!]

Well, to me, top loaders are gone for a reason.

It's minor, but If I had to opt, the previous one is definitely a superior design, and only because of that. I like all other things, like size and overall look

crissindahouse said:

super slim unboxing

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/19/ps3-super-slim-unboxing?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The lack of an automatic HDMI cable is atrocious at this point in the game. Lol, I can tell this is a rehearsed un-boxing.

Dude "Sony told us this might be louder than the old one let us show it and analyze in great detail."

Bored Brah "Wow."  This is so importante."

Dude, "Notice the two USB ports that suck, there used to be 4 in the phhh....aaaat." Lol, obviously reducing this was a price saving decision.

My veiw, ugly and I hate the new top loading disc. I miss my phat, still this will be mine asap!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Man, i dont understand this, i can buy a ps3 slim now for 229 euros with 250 gb , this 12 gb model is the same price? wtf sony

I already explained it. They are waiting for stock to die off of current model then they'll drop the price, well before Wii U launches.

Hum. Still includes an Ethernet cord, but no HDMI cord. The Wii U will come with a HDMI cord. I'm not sure if Sony is even trying to compete with Nintendo. They seem to be like, Nintendo is something we don't need to worry about.

WiiBox3 said:
Hum. Still includes an Ethernet cord, but no HDMI cord. The Wii U will come with a HDMI cord. I'm not sure if Sony is even trying to compete with Nintendo. They seem to be like, Nintendo is something we don't need to worry about.

It's kinda strange, but its not that hdmi cables are expensive ... I bought mine for $1 for a piece so it wont hurt.

Lusche said:
WiiBox3 said:

It's kinda strange, but its not that hdmi cables are expensive ... I bought mine for $1 for a piece so it wont hurt.

Agreed.

pezus said:
Player2 said:

12 GB Flash memory? Damn, Sony copying Nintendo again.

Sony began testing it in 2006

And Nintendo began testing it in...?