By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo3 Beta video LEAKED!!!

HERE IT IS! Leaked Halo3 Beta footage.On a serious note. I think Gears of War and Resistance look *much* better. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Those of you who want to see it in HD glory.

http://www.torrentportal.com/torrents-details.php?id=1064739

I do *NOT* have this downloaded yet, downoad it at your own risk.

EDIT: I posted the wrong link first. If your download is 230MB. CANCEL it. I'm not sure what that one is. It is supposedly the same thing as this one... but I cant think of why the size is diffrent. 

I think that it looks nice enough ...

Certainly, it could look better but I think having a steady framerate and focusing your attention on making an enjoyable gameplay experience should come before eye candy.

I think the Halo team is seriously working on the graphics, and it will look very good in the end.

But honestly, I think the problem with Halo is the lack of a definitive style...rooms look the same, outdoor locations are boring...even if the game ends up with 1080p output and loads of AA and particle effects, I have the feeling it's going to feel "tacked-on."  I dunno, we'll see.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wow, looks really crappy. No cool effects, no small details. The level seems very generic. The physics sucks too. They should buy HL2 engine.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I think the Halo team is seriously working on the graphics, and it will look very good in the end.

But honestly, I think the problem with Halo is the lack of a definitive style...rooms look the same, outdoor locations are boring...even if the game ends up with 1080p output and loads of AA and particle effects, I have the feeling it's going to feel "tacked-on." I dunno, we'll see.

Basically what I thought. I mean the characters looked GREAT. Kinda makes me think it wont look a whole lot better overall.

All the rooms looked the same, the walls looked the same, and graphically the world looked like a X-box game. I can see the textures and stuff improving. But if that level looks 2x better... I still think games like Gears of War will look better. (I never played it, But I have seen it. I think the game is too short, and the online sucks... but damn it looks good) 

dedoslav said:
Wow, looks really crappy. No cool effects, no small details. The level seems very generic. The physics sucks too. They should buy HL2 engine.

Actually I would say it actually looks really HL2 like. Rember this is early beta. Effects and small details wont exist yet. Physics are likely to suck as well. The level design sucks, and does seem very generic... at least to me.

Kwaad said:
dedoslav said:

Actually I would say it actually looks really HL2 like. Rember this is early beta. Effects and small details wont exist yet. Physics are likely to suck as well. The level design sucks, and does seem very generic... at least to me.

Personally, I have never like Halo and thought that it was over-rated in comparison to PC FPS; in particular the indoor areas were remarkably boring. I always thought that it was so highly rated because it was the easiest lan game ever produced and it is impossible not to have fun playing a multiplayer game with 16 of your friends in one location.

yeah I seriously doubt this is the finished product graphics wise, when he past by some textures close-up it they were totally raw looking, no diffusion or anything applied, I'd be surprised if the was an end result. Although this is also a multiplayer board I'd expect a few less bells and whistles, and a little less atmosphere built simply to provide raw battle ground. Alot of times that just works best in multiplayer. So I'll reserve judgement until later versions are shown. What has me worried a little more is Too Human videos, but I have faith they'll work out the issues with that game.

Halo has never really been known for great graphics anyway.  Halo 3 looks the same as the previous games to me.