By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

happydolphin said:
mantlepiecek said:

No, nen isn't most likely town.

And I am not doing a piss poor job either.

Nen didn't start the lynch train on me, it was hat. And yet Nen feels so sure of me being wrong about meta, when usually I am the one who is correct about it. It's always been like that.

4) The fact that he is using meta as a reasoning and trying to paint me as a liar is enough of a reason for me to be suspicious of him. Townies don't have a rush to lynch unless they have gone manipulated. And nen is better than that.

5) So why does he think stefl must have given a list of safe claims when meta is the only reason he seems to be suspicious of me? Because he is probably scum.

6) If he was suspicious of me for other reason and was trying to find an explanation for how I claimed human and town, then it would make sense. But that is not the case here, is it?

1) Yes he is. It's pretty clear he knew about the corrupt-human situation before most others, meaning he probs is one as well, I don't have the links to back it up I'm going by memore.

2) You are doing a piss poor job.

3) I never said he started the lynch train on you. By the way, I hope you know meta =/= flavor.

4) Meta is the analysis of a player's style, flavor is the theme. I have a hard time believing you found some pattern in Nen he is one of the most difficult players to discern at vgchartz. He saw what he believes to be a slip you made and is not letting you go. That's how you play, so there is no way to be better than that.

5) Flavor, not meta. Apparently mods give safeclaims to mafia so they don't get nerfed by flavor. The fact that nen is suspicious of you has nothing to do with that.

6) You're going to have to be clearer than that.

Why DO you think stefl would give out safe claims for a theme that is made up? It is so easy to make up claims for a made up theme, it should be pretty clear really that nen is making it up.

I can't see stefl providing a safe claim list for something like this.

1) No. Hat was the first to mention it. You don't have the links, but I know it for certain.

2) Nope. You have no idea what piss poor is then.

3) Okay, meta, flavour. All that. Ultimately things derived from flavour can be considered as meta in my eyes.

4) Actually there is. Not letting go is the thing that has resulted in mislynches all the time.

You have such a simplistic view of this game.

5) Already addressed this.

6) Let us assume Nen is suspicious of me for some reason that is not related to flavour.

He sees I claimed human. He decides that being human would mean I possibly slipped up, and it matches with the other reasoning for me being scum.

So he thinks stefl might have given safe claims to help the scum out.

Now let us assume Nen is suspicious of me for flavour-related reasoning.

He sees I claimed human. He decides that I slipped up, and .....then faces a possibility that for me to slip up like that stefl would have to give out safe claims.

But the chances of safe claims in a made up theme is almost zero. There is no need for it.

So he should at least be not as sure as he is about his stance on me being scum. But he is, because I am on everyone's list for lynching, and he doesn't want this chance to mislynch me.

Well that is just a possibility of course. Two possibilities.

Either way, he is so sure of me being scum, it's kind of hilarious.

Around the Network

Nen, I am waiting.

Why do I think I claimed human town? Especially when I refused mario? Why do you think I specifically said hat was confirmed town when he hadn't even claimed?

Go on. Tell me.

mantlepiecek said:

Why DO you think stefl would give out safe claims for a theme that is made up? It is so easy to make up claims for a made up theme, it should be pretty clear really that nen is making it up.

I can't see stefl providing a safe claim list for something like this.

1) No. Hat was the first to mention it. You don't have the links, but I know it for certain.

2) Nope. You have no idea what piss poor is then.

3) Okay, meta, flavour. All that. Ultimately things derived from flavour can be considered as meta in my eyes.

4) Actually there is. Not letting go is the thing that has resulted in mislynches all the time.

You have such a simplistic view of this game.

5) Already addressed this.

6) Let us assume Nen is suspicious of me for some reason that is not related to flavour.

He sees I claimed human. He decides that being human would mean I possibly slipped up, and it matches with the other reasoning for me being scum.

So he thinks stefl might have given safe claims to help the scum out.

Now let us assume Nen is suspicious of me for flavour-related reasoning.

He sees I claimed human. He decides that I slipped up, and .....then faces a possibility that for me to slip up like that stefl would have to give out safe claims.

But the chances of safe claims in a made up theme is almost zero. There is no need for it.

So he should at least be not as sure as he is about his stance on me being scum. But he is, because I am on everyone's list for lynching, and he doesn't want this chance to mislynch me.

Well that is just a possibility of course. Two possibilities.

Either way, he is so sure of me being scum, it's kind of hilarious.

@bold. That's a good point. I will help pressure Nen on this.

The rest, I disagree with pretty strongly but I couldn't be bothered to argue any more about it.

The one night draws near... the night, in which the gate of worlds will open, and the beings that live in the Realm of Darkness (town) are free to roam. Some days before the big event, a shimmer of light disturbs the eternal night that lies upon the realm of darkness . The Gate Keeper, tempted to investigate by the unseen phenomenon. His essence starts to dissipate as he draws closer to the light. As his hand nearly could reach the light, his whole presence has vanished (mafia calims first victim). The light then starts to move deeper into the realm, with the goal to eliminate its entire structure. Soon the now unguarded gate of worlds opens from the other side, to allow entrance to a small group of heroes (mafia), venturing inside the realm carried by their hope, to avert the forthcoming night. Slowly, their minds will be teinted by the darkness surrounding them(humans enter the world..some become corrupted the rest are the mafia), and only fate knows, if they will be able to complete their mission . On the other end of the realm the evil overlords plan to subdue everything inside the darkness, in order to use the upcoming event to invade all other realms and gain absolute dominion (town wins)

I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm was sure that mantle's interpretation of the flavor was wrong.

Him being a corrupted human should have made the flavor even more clearer for him than me.

I think too highly of Mantle to think he is being serious with his defense.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Things I want to be cleared up:

- Smeags, did you make up your name?
- HappyD, can you confirm me that you indeed have a name?
- hatmoza (or any other corrupt human), do you have a name?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

@bold. That's a good point. I will help pressure Nen on this.

The rest, I disagree with pretty strongly but I couldn't be bothered to argue any more about it.

Exactly why I said you have been playing weird. You don't like answering questions or addressing points.

zero129 said:
hatmoza said:
both of your arses are town, now kiss and STFU.

I am going to trust you with this, i also believe you have a very good reason for why you believe mantle is mafia and think both prof and happyd are town .

So lets see if you a right

Vote: Mantle

if you a wrong i hope you have a good explanation.

This post gives me the worst of vibes. You're basically saying "I'm blindly following hatmoza's lead and should something go wrong, go blame him not me!"

HOS: zero

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Things I want to be cleared up:

- Smeags, did you make up your name?
- HappyD, can you confirm me that you indeed have a name?
- hatmoza (or any other corrupt human), do you have a name?

Confirmed. My name is Selyan. I've mentioned it twice already, but will comply, as the dwellers here seems to behave unreasonably.

@mantle. There comes a point where there's no use. Also, it's a legit playstyle to keep your cards close to your chest, it's not wierd.

Gotta go, will be back later with more thoughts.

Signature goes here!

nen-suer said:

The one night draws near... the night, in which the gate of worlds will open, and the beings that live in the Realm of Darkness (town) are free to roam. Some days before the big event, a shimmer of light disturbs the eternal night that lies upon the realm of darkness . The Gate Keeper, tempted to investigate by the unseen phenomenon. His essence starts to dissipate as he draws closer to the light. As his hand nearly could reach the light, his whole presence has vanished (town starts cleansing the mafia). The light then starts to move deeper into the realm, with the goal to eliminate its entire structure. Soon the now unguarded gate of worlds opens from the other side, to allow entrance to a small group of heroes (town, however the small group confused me), venturing inside the realm carried by their hope, to avert the forthcoming night. Slowly, their minds will be teinted by the darkness surrounding them(manipulated by scum/killed by scum), and only fate knows, if they will be able to complete their mission . On the other end of the realm the evil overlords plan to subdue everything inside the darkness, in order to use the upcoming event to invade all other realms and gain absolute dominion (mafia wins Seriously? INVADING ALL OTHER REALMS, evil overlords and you think it is town?)

I'm not a native English speaker, but I'm was sure that mantle's interpretation of the flavor was wrong.

Him being a corrupted human should have made the flavor even more clearer for him than me.

I think too highly of Mantle to think he is being serious with his defense.

My interpretation.