By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
You're right, I didn't consider prof as a cop because I'm not looking for a cop. However, when I'm scum I look for that, and prof's lists would have made it obvious he had something on yoshi.(Which would have been all the more apparent as I would know yoshi is also scum) So not much of a guess.

And I'm not using that as evidence that I'm town.(at least not directly) I'm using it as evidence that smeags won't be manipulated.

Mafia had no reason to think I was cop in the slightest.

I stood up for spurge and mario, saying they are both likely cop and doc.
I included and removed players from my list seemingly haphazardly
I questioned why people suspected my suspects, and even said I was hesitant because of it
Two kinds of 'cop' have shown up.

There was really no reason to think I was a cop.

And even if it was discerned, who would my next target likely be? A redirect only helps when the redirecter knows who the original target was. Secondly, hatmoza would still be here, not me, because redirecting hat would be easy. You just direct to the same target he had midnight 1.

Lesser-skilled players, sure. Now I'm insulted that you think I'm mafia.

I would expect a cop to hint at not being the cop, thus that means nothing.
Sure, but yoshi at the top of your list was always constant, starting with your first list: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4797747 , http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4799400, http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147799&page=23
That's a great way to gauge others' alignments due to their reaction on your scan, but I see no hesitation about yoshi in an iso of you.
Mario assumedly would only find town active powers. Hat had not yet flipped.

So yeah, there was more than enough to discern you had concrete evidence of some kind on yoshi.

It doesn't matter, I don't need to guess your target if we have a redirector. So what if we miss on a chance to mislynch an innocent. It is more important to protect our own. If we had a bus driver, then yes we need to guess your target, but I'm rather selfish as scum.
Secondly, hat would probably still be here if I were scum as I have no reason to believe he posed any threat to mafia. That was a terribly poor kill choice. But you're wrong, because if hat tried to scan me for example, and was redirected to Carl then I'd have been exposed as a liar. I suppose that's a good reason to kill him over manipulating him, but I refer to the first point.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Linkzmax said:

So you actually got a result Midnight 1? I would think the lack of a dead Carl is proof enough that you hadn't killed him Midnight 2. Was it ever clarified what Stefl was trying to tell you?

I was told that I failed on midnight one.

As for midnight two, I had to leave for the beach last weekend, so I sent in my PM Friday afternoon (right when midnight #2 started) but Stefl couldn't respond to me because of a PM glitch. I wasn't participating at first in night #3 because I wanted to know if he got my initial PM targeting Carl for midnight. He did, and nothing happened to Carl. That's where I am now.

Failed to scan/kill, or you just didn't kill DT?

And when you become a Vigilante must you continue to act each Midnight?

When I was told that I had failed, I wanted to clarify what that meant, so I asked Lord Stefl what he meant by that.

He responded that I did not choose the right target.

For Carl, I'm going to assume that I would have gotten the same answer.

@Linkz

Nothing says that I have to act once my staff goes into overdrive.

theprof00 said:

who did you target nights 1 and 2 and what result messages did you receive from stefl?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4808334

Smeags said:
happydolphin said:

Smeags, was DT you N1 "scan" or your N2 "scan"?

Midnight one was DarkThanatos.

Midnight two was Carl (I was trying to confirm with Stefl that I hadn't killed him. The message issue that Stefl mentioned was mine.)

Stefl1504 said:

Votals!

Around the Network
  L-6 L-5 L-4 L-3 L-2 L-1 Lynch
yoshiya nen prof  FF  ToS  happyD  mantle  linkz
carl2291 yoshi
tabaha

mantle

smeags

tabaha DarkT            
linkz NoC            
  T-4 T-3 T-2 T-1 Timelimit-time
Taimu prof DarkT nen    

nothing much happens so far, go on people, there is nothing to see

EDIT: I think I missed a timelimit vote

nen-suer said:
Linkzmax said:

We need confirmation from Stefl about nen.

Look at my eyes. These are not the eyes of a liar.

Okay, I believe you.

yoshi has clearly given up. radish you can hammer. =)

Yes, prof's http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4808226

WTF so yoshiya isn't lynched? If so then apparently someone's vote doesn't count. Or yoshi is beloved or whatever that harder-to-lynch variant is.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

^ I can't stop laughing.