By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Smeags said:
mantlepiecek said:

I also want to know why smeags isn't joining in our discussion. Mod please poke him and if not modkill him.

It's funny, because right now I'm poking Stefl.

(I was gone for the weekend and just got back this morning, so my apologies for the delay)

I need him to clarify something for me, and as soon as that happens I shall be here.

Intrigued, I am. (Also, nice of you to pop up just when your name happens to be mention )

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
@mantle
When i get home tonight ill show you my suspicion of yoshi.
just as an overvoew, hes been very eishywashy, is playing very safe and his actions reflect those of acum.
examples are his bandwagon vote on radish night 1, his push to substitute radish for linkz yesterday, among other things.

And you feel this makes him even MORE likely to be scum than Carl?  I mean, not that you have a bad case, but the case TOS made against Carl was pretty compelling. 

TOS's case was compelling? Nothing about mantle's case?

Mantle and Carl have been pecking at each other for quite a while now.  It didn't make me think, "yeah I'd lynch based on that".  But with TOS, that's the case.  I'm just picking between Carl and Yoshi (for today -- tabaha is definitely in the running tomorrow).  I never intended to try to dismiss mantle going after Carl before TOS did, which would be awfully silly. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

mantlepiecek said:
I seriously want to know why prof would lie when we have a good solid lead of carl; why would he lie?

But if he is saying the truth then we have pretty much caught quite a lot of scum.

I also want to know why smeags isn't joining in our discussion. Mod please poke him and if not modkill him.

For the record, I don't think he's lying this time but I don't think prof has ever played a game of Mafia where he didn't lie at least a little. That's why veterans are cautious with his claim right now.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Intrigued, I am. (Also, nice of you to pop up just when your name happens to be mention )

A player is asking for a modkill without blinking an eye, I felt it needed to be addressed.

But yes, don't expect too much from me. I just need a question answered from Stefl.

theprof00 said:
And what if i told you i had a cop scan on yoshi?

Then I'd vote yoshi, of course.  Is that what you're telling me?  From your other posts it seems as though you are, but I want you to spell it out, please. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

Out of curiousity, how many types of cop could their feasibly be in one game? Hatmoza was Flavourcop, what other cop types are there?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

I could have a lead, but there's one more thing I need to know to make sure that it's a viable lead. Right now, the information I've gathered seems contrary to everything I've seen and heard during this game so far though. Quite frustrating.

DarkThanatos said:
Out of curiousity, how many types of cop could their feasibly be in one game? Hatmoza was Flavourcop, what other cop types are there?

Well, the most common one is the Alignment Cop, normally just called the Cop.  It usually distinguishes between mafia and non-mafia (putting the SK in with non-mafia, but usually putting cults in with mafia), but sometimes distinguishes between town and not-town (detecting all scum).  Then there's the Role Cop (self explanatory, and often a scum role), and the Flavor Cop which you are acquainted with already. 

There are sometimes variations on the regular Cop, to weaken town.  Paranoid Cop always returns a guilty scan; Naive Cop, always innocent; Insane Cop gives a random result (and I think it's a bullshit role).  The cop won't be told that he's one of these "wrong answer" variants.  If Prof has already got one innocent and one guilty scan, IMO we can trust his results as long as he's really a cop. 

My scan last night was decided by events and relationships.
i scanned linkz, he is scum.

Dun dun dun