By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Linkzmax said:
Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:
Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:

Woah. What the hell happened. I was gone for 20 hours... 

I have a few questions, as my skim reading of what I missed left me with several questions I dont understand. 

Yes, you missed my opportunity to face an accuser: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4798396

I'm not entirely sure what you are accusing me of, but I'll respond to your questions anyway. 

"How much Mafia experience do you have again" - None. This is my first game. 

And the aim of my comment was to show you where you were mistaken. I didn't consider it an attack on me, as I felt the tone implied more of voicing your thoughts before you started an attack. I then followed it up with the saying you were suspicious because at time I thought you were, just from the general feeling of reading through. However after your recent change in suspicions and analysis of players I am not sure about - Trucks, Mantle - I'm getting a town feel now.

The main player I think is lurking is tabaha though. Understandably he was not posting Day 1, because he had 1500 posts to catch up on. However he has had plenty of time now, yet he has only posted maybe 5 times? And most of those were bandwagon votes... 

FoS: tabaha

I was talking about me facing you, the accuser.

I don't buy that you thought you responded as you did to me, who you considered very suspicious as I voiced thoughts before starting an attack.

I also don't think you had any actual suspicions of me. I've posted plenty to cite some specifics rather than just a general feeling.

And what analysis of Trucks or mantle did I so do?

Since that second sentence is written poorly: I don't buy that you were calmly pointing out where I was mistaken, because around that time you said I was very suspicious and as you say I was leading up to an attack on you. One does not simply try to convince someone that he thinks is scum that the person is wrong.

I'm not sure how you play- but I think that making calm assertive points, is generally better then making angry less-logical counter arguments. For one reason because it's easier to understand, and a second reason, it makes it look less like I'm wriggling free. I knew my points were valid and I was in no danger if I put those points across. 

Besides, as I said I was just suspicious of you. Was not willing to actually vote for you yet, so why make enemies if I wasn't certain you were scum. 

You satisfied with this answer, or do you want me to try and explain it in another manner? 

@Happy Dolphin. I realise that town want to lynch Carl/Yoshiya. I'll vote for them when we need to. I want to get the groundwork for my Tabaha attack now though, so that the rest of town can get thinking about him, vote for him tomorrow if needs be. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network

@HappyDolphin
@Noctis

I notice that neither of you has voted for anyone yet. HD you haven't voted at all, haven't put yourself out there yet. Noc you voted no-lynch and then didn't vote.

Why?

DarkThanatos said:
Linkzmax said:

I was talking about me facing you, the accuser.

I don't buy that you thought you responded as you did to me, who you considered very suspicious as I voiced thoughts before starting an attack.

I also don't think you had any actual suspicions of me. I've posted plenty to cite some specifics rather than just a general feeling.

And what analysis of Trucks or mantle did I so do?

Since that second sentence is written poorly: I don't buy that you were calmly pointing out where I was mistaken, because around that time you said I was very suspicious and as you say I was leading up to an attack on you. One does not simply try to convince someone that he thinks is scum that the person is wrong.

I'm not sure how you play- but I think that making calm assertive points, is generally better then making angry less-logical counter arguments. For one reason because it's easier to understand, and a second reason, it makes it look less like I'm wriggling free. I knew my points were valid and I was in no danger if I put those points across. 

Besides, as I said I was just suspicious of you. Was not willing to actually vote for you yet, so why make enemies if I wasn't certain you were scum. 

You satisfied with this answer, or do you want me to try and explain it in another manner? 

@Happy Dolphin. I realise that town want to lynch Carl/Yoshiya. I'll vote for them when we need to. I want to get the groundwork for my Tabaha attack now though, so that the rest of town can get thinking about him, vote for him tomorrow if needs be. 

Mafia's not a statistically-driven emotion-less game. To me, your response is not logical at all, because you never treated me like I was going to attack you. That is, you didn't treat me as "likely scum" but rather as town.

See my responses to those that voted me or just voiced suspicion? In the case of mantle, I believe he's town, so I try to show him he's wrong. I believe happy is town too, but he had a very contradicting change in opinion very quickly. His playing follow the leader is a bit worrisome, but I'm not making anything of it now. For everyone else, I asked very logical questions and nobody has really answered me in a way that makes me think they're town who is simply seeing things incorrectly. smeags is undoubtedly the worst and confirmed scum in my book. Tabaha's reasoning could have been a misinterpretation.

And there's you. Aside from playstyle, you are dodging the point that I don't think you have or had any actual suspicions of me. Like I said, there is more than enough material to point to a thing or two(or more) that made me "very suspicious" instead of just falling back on a "general feeling". So what was it?

Also, you're dodging my question. You said you have a town feel for me now based on a change in suspicion/analysis of players, namely mantle and Trucks. Where did I do that?

DarkThanatos said:
@HappyDolphin
@Noctis

I notice that neither of you has voted for anyone yet. HD you haven't voted at all, haven't put yourself out there yet. Noc you voted no-lynch and then didn't vote.

Why?

Yup, I voted for Carl.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4805381

Linkzmax said:
tabaha said:
I don't know who to choose between Carl and mantle. Mantle isn't town because he failed with that light = town and dark = mafia. Carl being human is also suspicious.
If I assume that scum gets info on what they are regarding light and dark, and some third parties no, then Carl is the most suspicious one. Too bad we can't be sure about this, but I'll vote him.

Vote: Carl

How do you vote Carl after saying the bold?

I'm conflicted between you sacrificing a scummate to appear better or hopping on an easy mislynch.

Maybe because I'm thinking he can be third party without being scum.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
DarkThanatos said:
@HappyDolphin
@Noctis

Why?

Yup, I voted for Carl.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4805381

Ah, my apologies, I noticed you didn't night one or two in the OP, I forgot about this round. 

Why didnt you night 1 and 2 then? 

Linkzmax said:
DarkThanatos said:

Mafia's not a statistically-driven emotion-less game. To me, your response is not logical at all, because you never treated me like I was going to attack you. That is, you didn't treat me as "likely scum" but rather as town.

See my responses to those that voted me or just voiced suspicion? In the case of mantle, I believe he's town, so I try to show him he's wrong. I believe happy is town too, but he had a very contradicting change in opinion very quickly. His playing follow the leader is a bit worrisome, but I'm not making anything of it now. For everyone else, I asked very logical questions and nobody has really answered me in a way that makes me think they're town who is simply seeing things incorrectly. smeags is undoubtedly the worst and confirmed scum in my book. Tabaha's reasoning could have been a misinterpretation.

And there's you. Aside from playstyle, you are dodging the point that I don't think you have or had any actual suspicions of me. Like I said, there is more than enough material to point to a thing or two(or more) that made me "very suspicious" instead of just falling back on a "general feeling". So what was it?

Also, you're dodging my question. You said you have a town feel for me now based on a change in suspicion/analysis of players, namely mantle and Trucks. Where did I do that?

My response wasn't supposed to be statistical, I treated you like I knew once I explained my points, you wouldn't attack me. 

Honestly Linkz, I haven't been writing down notes of people I'm just suspicious of, I have a few people I'm twitchy about most of the time. I could go make and find the reasons again, but I don't really have time to search through 1000 odd posts, when I'm now no-longer particularly suspicous of you as Scum. I know you won't be entirely satisfied with this response, but UCAS deadlines and things are tomorrow/this week, so that's just unfortunate. I hope you understand though. 

In regards to your last question. You're analysis/suspicion was your responses to Mantle and Truck's points. You had about 10 posts in a row on several different people. You consistently question their reasoning, along with other's every time. If you were scum, I don't think you would do that to such an extent on scum-buddies.

DarkThanatos said:

Ah, my apologies, I noticed you didn't night one or two in the OP, I forgot about this round. 

Why didnt you night 1 and 2 then? 

Because I didn't want to. I had no solid leads.

I seriously want to know why prof would lie when we have a good solid lead of carl; why would he lie?

But if he is saying the truth then we have pretty much caught quite a lot of scum.

I also want to know why smeags isn't joining in our discussion. Mod please poke him and if not modkill him.

mantlepiecek said:

I also want to know why smeags isn't joining in our discussion. Mod please poke him and if not modkill him.

It's funny, because right now I'm poking Stefl.

(I was gone for the weekend and just got back this morning, so my apologies for the delay)

I need him to clarify something for me, and as soon as that happens I shall be here.