By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

theprof00 said:

I got the same on nen actually.

What's wrong with Gwen Stefani?

yeah, FF voting no lynch has gotten to the point of non-tell, non-discussion. In early games I would think that people who argued for things that would benefit mafia (meta stuff) were mafia, but the conclusions were always the opposite. So, I learned that some people really simply do argue for "the right thing to do". Likewise with FF, I feel this is simply something he does now, and that he believes in it. Still don't quite understand why he does it, perhaps simply something he has learned to do as a matter of imagined consistency, but I digress.

Oh, I missed this before.  Basically, I don't think Day 1 No Lynch hurts town significantly unless there was some kind of breakthrough; Day 1 usually lasts way too long in VGC Mafia; and if there's a huge No Lynch speedwagon, that is damn useful info, just as good as any mislynch. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

"

Slowly, their minds will be teinted by the darkness surrounding them, and only fate knows, if they will be able to complete their mission. On the other end of the realm the evil overlords plan to subdue everything inside the darkness, in order to use the upcoming event to invade all other realms and gain absolute dominion.

"

This makes me feel light = good, darkness = bad.

TruckOSaurus said:
mantlepiecek said:
First of all, I believe the bearers of light are actually townies and the bearers of shadow or darkness are mafia. I got this after I read the OP theme.

Your wording makes it seem like you're neither of those, are you a 3rd party character?

Mario said something similar. Whats your thoughts on that ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:
mantlepiecek said:
First of all, I believe the bearers of light are actually townies and the bearers of shadow or darkness are mafia. I got this after I read the OP theme.

Your wording makes it seem like you're neither of those, are you a 3rd party character?

Mario said something similar. Whats your thoughts on that ?

Here's what Mario said "So, can we assume Humans are vanilla townies, Shadowspawn are mafia, and Godlike are powerful townies? I guess it really doesn't matter. We will find out sooner or later. ".

His wording doesn't exclude him being a human (or Shadowspawn for that matter), he seems somewhat confident about his first two assertions but more uncertain about what "Godlike" players are (indicating that he's not in that category).

What I read from mantlepiecek, on the other hand, is that he's venturing a guess for both  light/dark and townie/mafia. Which makes me think he personally doesn't fit in either category, which is why I got the impression he was 3rd party.

Signature goes here!

Okay, I just have read the spurge stuff:

If he interacts any further with any player (or non player :P, and while he is banned of course) regarding this game (to let them send messages, other stuff) I will modkill him, there are several ways to contact me directly (two can even be found in my signature(youtube/IRC)). I have read the reason for the ban, and since I regard it as a not so evil offense, I do not consider any more steps. Someone may inform spurge directly over this. I will do votals soon™.

Around the Network

It would make more sense to replace spurge with pezus rather than modkill, lol. Or was there a particular reason pezus isn't playing? I didn't notice why he didn't join.

Anyway, I'd rather just see a warning go out than either of those.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
It would make more sense to replace spurge with pezus rather than modkill, lol. Or was there a particular reason pezus isn't playing? I didn't notice why he didn't join.

Anyway, I'd rather just see a warning go out than either of those.

He mentioned something about school taking over.

I can't believe you guys can't say such a simple phrase and move on. It isn't a distraction to the game unless you make it into one. Also, I don't do this every game. Only in games where I deem it necessary. I've only done this twice before. Oh well. It seems everyone ignored me after Hatz/ Mantle/ FF. Way to give mafia an easy break...

Also, lol at Pezus talking for Spyrge. Spurge, just relax and take your ban like a man.

Town vibe from Kantor. Mafia vibe from FF. Not enough to vote yet though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

TruckOSaurus said:
Yoshiya said:
So after all this complaining about things like flavour hunting, we are all trying to work out what the made-up flavour is based off of? Great work stopping with the flavour hunting guys -.-

To me, it's all a result of the desire to avoid a Day One No Lynch.

While I agree that lynching on Day One puts us in a better position for the following days, the drawback is that in order to generate discussion, we cling to flavor since it's the only thing we've got at the start of the game.

This is why I think VGC Mafia needs total lack of flavor right now. 

supermario128 said:
I can't believe you guys can't say such a simple phrase and move on. It isn't a distraction to the game unless you make it into one. Also, I don't do this every game. Only in games where I deem it necessary. I've only done this twice before. Oh well. It seems everyone ignored me after Hatz/ Mantle/ FF. Way to give mafia an easy break...

Also, lol at Pezus talking for Spyrge. Spurge, just relax and take your ban like a man.

Town vibe from Kantor. Mafia vibe from FF. Not enough to vote yet though.

It seems like someone has been doing it in every game.  Perhaps you only "deem it necessary" when no one beats you to the punch. 

Maybe they agreed with me?