By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction for The PS4's Lineup.

Tagged games:

What do you think?

That seems about right. 20 76.92%

That does not seem about right. 6 23.08%

Total:26
Corey said:
Seems about right, I would expect quite a few new ip's though.

GT6 would be a great way to start the console and secure dominance in europe, and Quantic Dream will likely get bought by Sony after Beyond: Two Souls.

I can't wait for the PS4.

I don't see GT6 happening until Polyphony scopes what the 50million other Racing game developers do, just so they can perfect on it. Possibly a following year Christmas season release. Maybe a Motorstorm at launch tho.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I fail to see how the word 'desperate' go along with this topic? :S

Anywho other than the things you guys mentioned so far I think Stig's game at Sony Santa Monica will be very close to launch if not a launch title

it will be a new IP

and I'm guessing (hoping) it's a brand new franchise that is sci fi based and few RPG elements and a solid Multiplayer.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Adinnieken said:
What I find interesting is the need for PS4 topic threads about the launch line-up when neither the console nor the release date have even been announced, let alone confirmed.

I understand that there is a lot of news about the Wii U right now, but making a thread about the PS4 launch line-up at this point in time just seems sadly ridiculous and desperate.

Perhaps you can give us a list of pre-approved topics for future reference.  

@JustThatGamer
You are in a minority that don't like Uncharted dude. It is very popular for good reason. It is one of those franchises that progress a medium. In that particular case, Spectacle is good! The franchise is built on the Micheal Bay action movie extravagance but actually with a good story line and characters.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

There will only be an 18-month gap between Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us. There's no reason to think that Naughty Dog can't have their next big game ready by the end of 2013. And if the PS4 is able to launch with such a big title, that can only mean good things. Also, the next Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule, and GT6 game all have a chance to make it to launch as well. It could be the greatest launch in history, if done right.

Around the Network

I think you're probably right about this, Jay. I've been saying for a while (and I saw APM post something about this too) that GT6, Killzone 4 and Uncharted 4 are likely to be launch-window titles for PS4. Whether Uncharted 4 makes it or not I'm unsure, but I reckon the other two will.

Other stuff: I can see there being more Ratchet games from Insomniac on PS4. They clearly love the IP and have put a lot of effort into it, I don't see that changing in the future. Heck, they might have to rely on it at some point if Fuse does badly.

I'm not sure how likely we are to see God of War on PS4. I mean, it'll happen somehow, but I think Santa Monica should think carefully about it. I'd rather see Jaffe's original idea of changing the setting (different set of Gods) than them continuing to add bits & pieces to Kratos' storyline.

I'm quite excited to see what PS4 launches with though. I don't see Sony making the same mistakes they did with the PS3 and having a year-and-a-half drought of any noteworthy games after launch. I think the fact that Studio Liverpool were 18 months into development of WipEout PS4 is proof of that.

no way will uncharted 4 take 4 years to develop, honestly i am hoping its not a launch tittle and they dont take there usual 2 year developing time with uncharted 4 and take 3 years and release it in 2014. as for a launch line up

media molecule's new IP
sony santa monia new IP (arent they also being rumored to gave split into two teams as well?)
killzone 4 - well this is at least in the launch window in beginning of 2014
Ready at Dawn's new IP (they were said to be working on a ps3 action game i think its gonna be pushed to the ps4)

ummm i dont know really i just woke up from a nap and im not thinking straight ill get back at you once i do start thinking normally :P

Naughty Dog, Guerrilla and MM all likely have something brewing for launch year. ND and GG have two teams and Tearaway is being developed by a group of 15 people.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Adding to the OP's list of strong games for '13, GTA V, I think PS4 will wait as long as possible to release. Early '14 sounds about right, to capitalize on hardcore fans and until prices get low enough where they can have a machine much stronger than Wii U, enough to alienate them from next gen multiplats. That should give PS4 ample time to have a strong launch window building momentum til holiday '14.

The "BIG 3" companies will all have their own launch.

Wii U : 11-18-12
X8ox : Fall '13
PS 4orce : Spring '14

Uncharted 4 is a sure bet for the release window of PS4...not only that but i think a lot of the PS4 success will be riding on how well this game does.

I also think if all goes well, and Uncharted 4 is released at launch, the PS4 is generally received well, the game itself is good (even better if it does something new and more exciting), then we looking at 10 million sales

Im pretty sure Sony knows how much Uncharted means for them now, which is why i dont think they gave Naughty dog much choice when it came to choosing what game they will make next. I also think thats how naughty dog and sony came to the agreement to have the two teams...one team to work on Uncharted and the other to work on whatever the hell naughty dog wants to. Problem is, the last of us is looking pretty good...if it manages to sell a hell of a lot what then :?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|