By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U Sales Before Jan 2013 (With Poll)

How much will Wii U sell before January 2013?

Less Than 2m 30 13.39%

2.0m - 2.5m 22 9.82%

2.5m - 3.0m 50 22.32%

3.0m - 3.5m 42 18.75%

3.5m - 4.0m 24 10.71%

More Than 4m 56 25.00%

Total:224

4 Million I think. I reckon it will be a solid start for Wii U but sales will be sluggish for a couple of months after till it get some more killer titles.

Around the Network

Less than 2 million, my guess...

Based of the recent reports that Gamestop and the likes are already selling out, then it will be Wii all over again, maybe even worse... So basically what Nintendo can ship, but I still say 3 millions.

More than 4m. The only thing stopping that from happening will be supply constraints. It's a Nintendo console launching with a 2D Mario title in Europe and the States and a 2D Mario title and Monster Hunter U at launch in Japan with a Monster Hunter U bundle to boot.

It's going to sell an absolute shitload.

3 to 4m easily

Around the Network

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think 3.5 to 4 million assuming no supply issues. I'd like it to do more and I think it would if Nintendo could ship that many, but I'll stick with that prediction for now.

2.8mill

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Pavolink said:

with one two week of numbers to go, this looks to be the best prediction.

edit: opps, two weeks by the OPs stated time frame.  probably going to be even closer than first glance.

Who won here?