By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 40 million units

Funny thread, I would have guessed significantly more than Wii U has currently.

Wii U is a massive flop especially when you consider the momentum they had from OG Wii. I blame that stupid tablet control. They should have stuck with Wiimote. Cheaper to produce, distinguished their console from competition, and people liked it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I'd laugh, but honestly even I was surprised at how steep the drop off was from Wii to Wii U. I figured 50% sales, but now 20% seems hopeful. Well done to Man Bear Pig.

Gamerace *bow*
And hahaha to all of us who had hope on the Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

LOL at the out to lunch predictions in this thread, kind of like some of the NX posts you see now.

What can we say, it's almost there!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Man bear pig is a hero. Some ridiculously good predictions over the years. but as always this thread was a fun read.

Personally from living in the real world I'd seen everyone had stopped playing the Wii and it was collecting dust. Meanwhile ps3 and 360 were taking over. I had serious doubts over the Wii U but my conservative prediction would have been under 50m but not freaking under 15m.

Blows my mind how they went from +100m to -15m

BenVTrigger said:
Unfortuantly for those of you disagreeing with me I have a rediculous accuracy when it comes to these things mostly to do with the fact that I see real numbers every day and dont carry any personal feeling into numbers.

And anyone saying 40 million or less are very wrong. Casuals are the ones doing much of the current pre-orders

your acuracy rating took a BIG hit on this one- 

Who would have thought it would be LESS THAN HALF OF THAT even?

lol it's funny how what once looked like a low estimate will now be more than twice the total Wii U sales. As much as I love the Wii U, it bombed in a way I'm not sure any other console has given the early expectations.

Hahahaha! Its never old seeing this thread.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).