By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Supposedly, Final WiiU Specs from VGLeaks

video output: 480p?! Wii U not HD confirmed

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
superchunk said:
So, I read the GAF thread for this and I have to say this though. IF this turns out to be true (we'll only know after it launches and someone tears it down), I will be buying a 2nd console in 2014 when I see defect rate (or lack there of) for neXtBox/PS4. Because there is no way the console defined in the OP will be able to play all 3rd party games at that point.

I'll also realize NO ONE LEARNED A DAMN THING from this last generation. Also, if true.... it better be fucking priced at $250 or less for the a base version. At least in two days we'll know how good or bad the full OS/Online system is as well as pricing.

Surely there's 0% chance it's true; they're putting Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's  Creed 3 on it, those couldn't run on 3 Broadways.

Why not? 3 Broadways with increased clock speed and cache are easily comparable with a X360 CPU, if not a little better.

The ony thing that makes this largly implausible is that its not Power7. Everything else screams Nintendo practices and its in line with random secret 'devs' who've said its not much more powerful than PS360's CPUs.

However, its memory is not in line with random devs who've said there is a 'massive' amount, nor is the GPU the expected jump up based on devs saying its a good GPU that is quite a bit more powerful than PS360. Devs have specifically mentioned newer technologies that I believe would require something that would be similar to DX11 and OpenGL 4.x.

At first I'm 100% false on this, but reading the GAF thread in regards to who the source is as well as devs on that site... I'm now 90% on the false.

Fake! Unless it is officially revealed by Nintendo it is just mere rumour and speculation.

BasilZero said:
We'll know in 2 days!

Do you expect Nintendo to release the specs in 2 days?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

superchunk said:
curl-6 said:
superchunk said:
So, I read the GAF thread for this and I have to say this though. IF this turns out to be true (we'll only know after it launches and someone tears it down), I will be buying a 2nd console in 2014 when I see defect rate (or lack there of) for neXtBox/PS4. Because there is no way the console defined in the OP will be able to play all 3rd party games at that point.

I'll also realize NO ONE LEARNED A DAMN THING from this last generation. Also, if true.... it better be fucking priced at $250 or less for the a base version. At least in two days we'll know how good or bad the full OS/Online system is as well as pricing.

Surely there's 0% chance it's true; they're putting Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's  Creed 3 on it, those couldn't run on 3 Broadways.

Why not? 3 Broadways with increased clock speed and cache are easily comparable with a X360 CPU, if not a little better.

The ony thing that makes this largly implausible is that its not Power7. Everything else screams Nintendo practices and its in line with random secret 'devs' who've said its not much more powerful than PS360's CPUs.

However, its memory is not in line with random devs who've said there is a 'massive' amount, nor is the GPU the expected jump up based on devs saying its a good GPU that is quite a bit more powerful than PS360. Devs have specifically mentioned newer technologies that I believe would require something that would be similar to DX11 and OpenGL 4.x.

At first I'm 100% false on this, but reading the GAF thread in regards to who the source is as well as devs on that site... I'm now 90% on the false.

A large part of why I'm convinced this is false, and why I'm expecting something similar to what I posted, comes from what non-anonymous developers have said about the Wii U.

It seems to me that talking about how great the performance from memory is could come from stripping out half of the cores but leaving their memory controllers in place and having the chip run in TuroboCore mode. A 3/4 core chip with 6/8 memory controllers to be used by 12/16 threads would be relatively impressive, affordable and low energy consumption processor; and its memory bandwidth would be substantially better than either the XBox 360 or PS3's CPUs.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Pavolink said:
BasilZero said:
We'll know in 2 days!

Whats that Nintendo Wii-U show will be about than o.O? Prices/SKUs only?

Yes. They won't ever release Wii U specs. Wait until someone get one and open it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

superchunk said:
curl-6 said:
superchunk said:

I was under the impression that Broadway was further behind the 360 CPU than that. My mistake, I guess. (Out of curiosity, about how big is the gap? Would 5 or 6 un-enhanced Broadways rival the 360 CPU?)

But if this was true, it would mean that, power aside, the fundamental design of the Wii U CPU (or each core, at least) would be unchanged since the Gamecube CPU was built in 1999.

my predictions are usually right, and i'm afraid these specs look real : (

i really hope they are not...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Pavolink said:
BasilZero said:
Pavolink said:
BasilZero said:
We'll know in 2 days!

Whats that Nintendo Wii-U show will be about than o.O? Prices/SKUs only?

Yes. They won't ever release Wii U specs. Wait until someone get one and open it.

That won't tell us much either ...

Indirectly, I think Nintendo may release official specs this time around. Technical documentation released to smaller developers will probably eventually be posted online either by Nintendo or one of these developers.

If so Wii U is going to massively underpowered compared to the other next gen consoles.

Dissapointing to say the least, though Im not surprised as Ive already played Wii U and graphically it didnt look any different than a 360 at all