By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next Xbox Could Transform Your Living Room Into One Massive 3D Display

D-Joe said:
Chark said:
I'd just be very surprised if Microsoft went this route with it. People are just not going to want to deal with the issues that arise with projection.

On a side note. Nextbox name confirmed, the Xbox 350!

They don't need to,this thing no chance bundle in nextbox,if it's really coming to next gen,i bet we will see that about 3~5 years after nextbox released(if they can make the price is $150 or cheaper...pretty hard i guess),like Kinect

But this time i doubt they will push it hard(if they really release this),because it will change nothing like Kinect,it just change what you see,not what you play

I think that they will have problems implementing this to be an actual consumer item. My idea using the 3D personal viewer has potential because it is consistent and compact. That kind of set up on a rotating computer chair is something I want badly and it wouldn't require any more difficulty in setting up than the move and PS eye already do (which is still frustrating at times). I think the biggest take away from this is that 360 degree gaming is on the agenda, which is awesome. It just so happens that Sony has some of the technology to provide it right now, they would just need a better camera...like kinect, and then they have an amazing new control scheme. Imagine your head being mapped to a right analog stick for a first person game like Fallout, Skyrim, or Call of Duty. Like nothing you've ever experienced before.

*puts on tinfoil hat*(stereotypical stoner voice) These TVs man, the're holding us back man.*takes hat off*

I'm really excited for this, Microsoft's leak is just confirmation on what I've been hoping for. For their sake, I hope they drop the projection route.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Btw i don't understand why so many website comments think you can't use controller while using this tech,just because the guy in the picture using Kinect to play motion games?

like this one:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/microsoft-seeks-patent-for-immersive-display-experience/