By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The ten year decline of Sony (article)

Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Google’s Total Assets: $86.05 Billion
Apple’s Total Assets: $162.90 Billion
Microsoft’s Total Assets: $121.27 Billion
Sony’s Total Assets: $166.22 Billion

Never knew Sony had more asset than those companies. Hope Kaz Hirai rejuvenates the company.

Oh dear, you are getting involved in the financials. 

On its own it means absolutely bugger all.  (assets includes unsold inventory and factories/offices)

Liabilities:

Google: $14bn (leaving $72bn)

Apple: $39bn (leaving $123bn)

Microsoft: $55bn (leaving $66bn)

Sony: $137bn (leaving $29bn)

So Sony is in the worst position by far

Return on Assets:

Google: 11%

Apple: 26%

Microsoft: 16%

Sony: -0.24%

So Sony's management cant utilise those assets to generate income, indeed they generate a loss.

Do you want to coment again now you have all the information you need? 

By the way my liability numbers are as of Friday, so are more accurate.

Edit*  Read the article now, I hadn't when I posted the above, but it seems to make the same points I have been making for about 2 years.  But I am a hater.

Boy whatever I say makes you really sour doesn't it? I read the article and yes Ive seen what kind of liabilities they have. In fact the liabilities were mentionned before the assets in the article, yet you quote me something Ive already read, whats your agenda? I was talking about their assets and how they have more than those other companies. Whatever you say, how much you try to spin it will not change that fact.

Your cherry-picked post was itself spinning in favour of Sony.

Around the Network

In my opinion, the greatest risk for Sony (in the context of gaming) is if they continue to let the engineers dominate the design of their gaming systems ...

One of the things that works so well for Nintendo is that their hardware is designed to meet the needs of their developers and it is not tied to the technical capabilities of modern hardware; and I think this works for them because a gaming system is sold based on the software available for it, not based on the capabilities of the hardware.

(In fact, most electronics are sold based on the content available and not on the hardware which is why it generally takes decades for the average person to catch onto something like HD or 3D)

curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Never knew Sony had more asset than those companies. Hope Kaz Hirai rejuvenates the company.

On its own it means absolutely bugger all.  (assets includes unsold inventory and factories/offices)

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

So Sony's management cant utilise those assets to generate income, indeed they generate a loss.

Edit*  Read the article now, I hadn't when I posted the above, but it seems to make the same points I have been making for about 2 years.  But I am a hater.

Boy whatever I say makes you really sour doesn't it? I read the article and yes Ive seen what kind of liabilities they have. In fact the liabilities were mentionned before the assets in the article, yet you quote me something Ive already read, whats your agenda? I was talking about their assets and how they have more than those other companies. Whatever you say, how much you try to spin it will not change that fact.

Yeah, no one should do that. No one should point out a single positive thing about Sony.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

Yeah, no one should do that. No one should point out a single positive thing about Sony.

Don't be so defensive.

What someone shouldn't do is spin and then accuse someone else of spinning.

curl-6 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

Don't be so defensive.

He didn't spin anything. He came and made that comment without directing himself to anyone and without trying to create any argument. Now that guy with his anti-Sony agenda came in and started demanding him to bring info he wasn't discussing.

Can't you people get it? Sony has more assets, he just said that. But no, you want to talk about all the negative things that are happening to Sony which is fine, but who are you to decide what is to be discussed and what is not from that article?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

Whatever. I even said that I hoped Kaz rejuvenates the company, I'm not spinning anything, I'm well aware of what the article's about. Quoting, replying to me just for the sake of belittling of what I said is what I call spinning.

AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

Don't be so defensive.

He didn't spin anything. He came and made that comment without directing himself to no one and without trying to create any argument. Now that guy with his anti-Sony agenda came in and started demanding him to bring info he wasn't discussing.

Can't you people get it? Sony has more assets, he just said that. But no, you want to talk about all the negative things that are happening to Sony which is fine, but who are to decide what is to be discussed and what is not from that article?

There is no "guy with an anti-Sony agenda," you just think there is because you're pro-Sony. He was being realistic and pointing out that the statistic posted is by itself misleading. He then gets accused to spinning, which is hypocritical since taking one positive-sounding statistic out of a resoundingly negative report is closer to spinning than what he did.

Naum said:
Seriously some of you really need to stop trying to spin this to something good for Sony beacuse they ARE in trouble

I dont think anyone in this thread has done that....

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

This is funny. Turkish simply made a size comparison and even acknowledged that SONY isn't doing well and for some reason he's getting flack for it? I don't see the spin in that post. I really don't.

4 ≈ One

curl-6 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
curl-6 said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
Great article.

Liabilities:

Return on Assets:

Don't be so defensive.

He didn't spin anything. He came and made that comment without directing himself to no one and without trying to create any argument. Now that guy with his anti-Sony agenda came in and started demanding him to bring info he wasn't discussing.

Can't you people get it? Sony has more assets, he just said that. But no, you want to talk about all the negative things that are happening to Sony which is fine, but who are to decide what is to be discussed and what is not from that article?

There is no "guy with an anti-Sony agenda," you just think there is because you're pro-Sony. He was being realistic and pointing out that the statistic posted is by itself misleading. He then gets accused to spinning, which is hypocritical since taking one positive-sounding statistic out of a resoundingly negative report is closer to spinning than what he did.

That guy is always posting anti-Sony, don't try to sugar-coat this. The moment he tried to turn something positive about Sony into something negative by trying to create an argument, when none was meant, he did the spninning.

If Turkish would have said, "Oh Sony has more assests so they are DOING GREAT!", then that guy could have kicked in and pointed out why he was wrong but that wasn't the case, he just tried to crap all over Sony once again.