By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I Finally Took The First Step For Not Smoking......Any Help/Advice Would Be Great.

Hi all,

I finally quit smoking, and below are my stats from my QuitNow app.

I quit smoking- 02 September 2012

Days without smoking- 3 days 07:18:23

Cigarettes not smoked- 66 Cigarettes

Money saved - $30.69

Time saved (added to life span) - 06:36:00

If anyone can help me with advise, especially what I can expect down the road. Things and situations that might blindside me and make me slip.

It would be much appreciated. This is really important to me. Not only is it a waste of money, but I have asthma too and this shits gonna kill me.

For the record I am taking Zyban (Wellbutrin).

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network

Lolz yes I will keep that in mind, thanks for the advise :P

Keep it up!

Boutros said:
Keep it up!

Thanks Boutros, that really does help me!!!

Get a girlfriend who dosen't smoke will make sure you kick the habit

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Thanks Snake, actually my Girlfriend Allie has quit this morning. I believe she is at 14 hrs. We are being miserable together. She is doing it without medication, cold turkey for her.....

Wow. 30 dollars saved in 3 days? That's 3650 dollars per year. Think of all the things you can do with that money.

The drug stores have generic nic gum and patches that are a lot cheaper than Nicorette and none of them are prescription in my country anyway. I wouldn't recommend using the strongest patches of whatever type as the dreams and dizziness were too much for me. I didn't take in that much nic smoking 6-8 light ones a day. Pay for a couple weeks of the second strongest patch and then a couple more of the light ones. Use the 4 mg gum and a piece of regular gum when you're getting the urge and then drop that down to the 2 mg gum in a month or so. You're kind of substituting nic delivery systems here but you'll find it a lot easier than cold turkey. Otherwise I was craving whenever I got any stress.

Breathe deep and count to ten before you get mad at anyone because it's probably the addiction talking. Change your diet to softer food, less fast stuff like McD's which is hard to digest and more fruit and grain. Nic and tobacco is a laxative plus you will tend to eat as a substitute and you don't want to gain too much weight. Low impact exercise like a bike or a walk will help a lot. If you start lifting or working out hard you'll double you're food intake and end up huge. Stay away from drinking alcohol till you're comfortable with it as we tend to make bad decision after a couple beers. Good luck.

Chuva said:
Wow. 30 dollars saved in 3 days? That's 3650 dollars per year. Think of all the things you can do with that money.

I know Chuva, it gets worse. I calculated I have spent $30,000.00 in 10 years of smoking....seriously. Thats a fucking car I could have bought. But instead I have nothing to show for it, nothing but sore lungs. Yes cigarettes here in Canada are very expensive.

If you get the urge to smoke, think about sucking cock.
If you like sucking cock, then think about sucking someone's asshole.
If you like sucking someone's asshole, then just smoke because your already fucked up.

Seriously, just keep going and if you get an urge, redirect to something else. masturbate, whatever, just do something else.