By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up! Week Ending Aug. 25th! Ragnarok Odyssey?

Are the sales of New Super Mario Bros 2 lower than expectations? I would of thought it would of done better than Kingdom Hearts 3D in regards to first week sales no? And 161% increase for 3DS that's great! I'm waiting for a white one :)

Around the Network

Again... DS 4 weeks NPD last month... 130k/4 = 32.5k per week

In one month that number went down to 14k?

Nice sales for New Super Mario Bros 2 , an increase of 161% for the hardware !! but the most shoking thing is.. WTF is Ragnarok Odyssey doing in the chartz, isn't it supposed to launch sometime in October ?!

acdcste said:
Pavolink said:
3DS hardware is godly. NSMB2 on Usa....wow...
Wonder what Iwata is thinking about the bad sales in the west for Nsmb2 compared to Japan, which ironically was released for the western markets.

People always do this with mario games not realising it will still be charting in four to five years. The sales are fine.

Doesn't change the fact that are dissapointing compared to Japan FW, which was already below DS and Wii iteartions; all of this in the context that this game was released for the western markets.

Japan FW: 423k

USA: 178k

Less than a half in the largest market. Maybe 100-120k (being optimisstic) for downloadable sales will make it look better.

I don't know exactly what were Nintendo expectations for this game, but must be somewhat low to say these sales are "fine" (compared to previous NSMB games and only first week).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

SnowPrince said:
Nice sales for New Super Mario Bros 2 , an increase of 161% for the hardware !! but the most shoking thing is.. WTF is Ragnarok Odyssey doing in the chartz, isn't it supposed to launch sometime in October ?!

haha... that's true.

Oh my god! The game will flop so hard in october with those numbers!

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
acdcste said:
Pavolink said:
Wonder what Iwata is thinking about the bad sales in the west for Nsmb2 compared to Japan, which ironically was released for the western markets.

People always do this with mario games not realising it will still be charting in four to five years. The sales are fine.

Doesn't change the fact that are dissapointing compared to Japan FW, which was already below DS and Wii iteartions; all of this in the context that this game was released for the western markets.

Less than a half in the largest market. Maybe 100-120k (being optimisstic) for downloadable sales will make it look better.

I don't know exactly what were Nintendo expectations for this game, but be somewhat low to say these sales are "fine" (compared to previous NSMB games and only first week).

It outsold the original nsmb in the us. Have you not been paying attention. Believe me the sales are fine. They will stay at a steady clip till the holidays and then explode, like all mario games. Japan seems to be different in that the first few weeks are more loaded sales wise than the us and europe. I would expect to see it outselling japan sooner rather than later.

I cant really say much if NSMB2 sales topped the sales of the 1st one. I was expecting more, but to be honest, the first week will probably be 2% of its overall lifetime sales.

I think DS is undertracked for August when you look at what happened last NPD when it was equal to 3DS. This is the beginning of the holiday rush starting tomorrow. It will take like 8 weeks for the word to truly be out on NSMB2 and by that time, its all over. 3DS will steamroll forward.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Pavolink said:
acdcste said:
Pavolink said:

I don't know exactly what were Nintendo expectations for this game, but must be somewhat low to say these sales are "fine" (compared to previous NSMB games and only first week).

This doesn't change the fact that it sold much better than NSMB DS (not including digital sales), which is something NSMB 2 didn't do in Japan. 

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Pavolink said:
acdcste said:
Pavolink said:

This doesn't change the fact that it sold much better than NSMB DS (not including digital sales), which is something NSMB 2 didn't do in Japan. 

I fail to see what your point is. You are saying the sales are poor yet say it sold much better than the ds version. Am i missing something?

Expected a bit more of mario.