By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEXT Metal Gear Solid shown!! - MGS Ground Zeroes - From "FOX", two phantoms were born.

At Konami's MGS 25th Anniversary Event!!! 

@kazamatsuri 12:08 AM
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow. #mg25

John Ricciardi ‏@johntv
Well other ppl talking about it so...next MG shown, and it looks F'ing HOT. Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes #foxengine #mgs25 #openworld #want

Watched about 5 mins of IN-GAME footage and it's GORGEOUS.

Sorry for the delayed tweet - distracted by the wine.  Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!

http://andriasang.com/con2hr/metal_gear_ground_zero_art/

According to Famitsu.com's report, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero is the name of the real time demo Kojima Productions showed at the event. But it is also being made into an actual open world game.

Ground Zero targets current generation specifications. Famitsu reports that Kojima Productions is also working on next generation development.

NEW official picture from Konami: From "FOX", two phantoms were born.

Gamespot details:

http://www.gamespot.com/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes/previews/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-shows-off-fox-engine-shine-and-possible-open-world-elements-6393924/

The scene starts in a remote military base with heavy rain. The camera is following a shadowy figure in a business suit and hat accompanied by a number of well-armed soldiers and guard dogs as he converses with a little boy in a cage. He throws a portable music player after some dialogue and the boy proceeded to use it. The rest of the scene was playing "Here's To You" from the film "Sacco e Vanzetti" (also on Metal Gear Solid 4) as the man in a coat rides off to an airfield before taking off on a helicopter to an undisclosed location. Before erasing the "XOF" emblem off of the helicopter, he took out his hat and speaks about what transpired in very vague words. His face and head was all burned-up and scarred with no hair; at this point in time, we have no idea who he is. He proceeded to toss away all a stash of mini "XOF" emblems as he flew off with the rest of the soldiers.

Series creator Hideo Kojima then took centrestage and showed off the title's gameplay for a few minutes. We see Snake do what he does best: go in a prone state and sneak around (no Octocam this time; just old-fashioned crawling and hiding), as well as going into aiming mode in third person shooting a nearby guard at a security post. We should also mention that the demo gave out a sandbox open-world vibe; the military base itself felt expansive and huge, and Snake can summon a helicopter to bring him around as well as drive a jeep to go from point A to B. Kojima did state that he wishes to add a new spin to the stealth genre; even when you're discovered, you can use all the means and tools to escape rather than see a "game over" screen.

Around the Network

Orgasimed in my pants!!!!!!

Current specs as in a 560ti with an entry level i7 or we talking about 4 690s taped together?

EDIT: moved to OP

Splinter cell!! OMG!!!!!! I am hyped!

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Splinter cell!! OMG!!!!!! I am hyped!

GET ON THE FUCKING HYPE TRAIN

Damn that pic looked goooood! Any trailers/pics out yet??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Yay PC version

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

why is this in sony discussion

I'm confused, this is in SOny discussion but the game was shown on PC?

Is this a confirmed PS3 game or is it a PC game or is it a full spectrum multiplat? Does anyone know ir is it all just guess work at the moment?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix