By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - One thing is certain, the wrong side absolutely MUST not win...

HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
The wrong side is the Republican's according to the article and I agree. They lie, spew anger and hatred and are massive hypocrites. The stuff some of say really makes me wonder how they still have a job and yet people still believe them!! It's all they are good at!! While others, ignore it. e.g recently Rush Limbaugh said Obama was "hopeful" that hurricane Isaac would hit Tampa during the GOP convention. I seriously don't get how he can say such nonsense!!

The democrats don't do that, they only occasionally fight back to that nonsense

All i know is, if Mitt Romney somehow becomes president, then America is fucked. It will probably sink faster then the titanic! As, he will do the similar policies to Bush (which caused the recession!) and it will likely make them bankrupt

Good article though

Are you being sarcastic or did you not get the point of the article?

For the most part, anything that can be said about one of the political parties has something that is roughly equal that can be said about the other.

Since when does a Democrat lie and twist the truth to make even a good thing like abortion sound terrible, and just make up random bullshit like Republicans do? There are both in bed in with the bankers, but then who isn't? 

Since when is abortion a good thing?

I've never heard of someone celebrating their 10 year anniversary of their abortion because it is a horribly traumatic and terrible thing. It may be a legal thing to do, but that doesn't make it a good thing to do. At its core you're terminating the life of what is or will become your child because of ignorance and selfishness.

Beside that, Democrats are regularly misleading you on Abortion:

Politically, you make charges like this, because the GOP platform is such they can't even talk about it.  You push the edge on this, because you want the other side to discuss and put it front and center.  They ignore, you get labeled as as such and it costs votes.  If you address it, then you come out, you are going to turn off the fringe.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

Politically, you make charges like this, because the GOP platform is such they can't even talk about it.  You push the edge on this, because you want the other side to discuss and put it front and center.  They ignore, you get labeled as as such and it costs votes.  If you address it, then you come out, you are going to turn off the fringe.

There are lots of viable political tactics that work, but that doesn't make them dishonest ...

Both parties and all politicians present themselves in dishonest ways, but you only see outrage from the opposite side when they do this. For example, Barack Obama was for gay marriage before he ran for president, suddenly became against gay marriage when he became president, and was all of a sudden pro gay marriage when his presidency was being considered a failure by his base supporters (who were pro gay marriage). The same people who would demonstrate outrage over Mitt Romney's abortion position that is based on political expediency, will never once speak out against Barack Obama's gay marriage stance that has been based on political expediency.

HappySqurriel said:
richardhutnik said:

There are lots of viable political tactics that work, but that doesn't make them dishonest ...

Both parties and all politicians present themselves in dishonest ways, but you only see outrage from the opposite side when they do this. For example, Barack Obama was for gay marriage before he ran for president, suddenly became against gay marriage when he became president, and was all of a sudden pro gay marriage when his presidency was being considered a failure by his base supporters (who were pro gay marriage). The same people who would demonstrate outrage over Mitt Romney's abortion position that is based on political expediency, will never once speak out against Barack Obama's gay marriage stance that has been based on political expediency.

Any character flaws in a candidate, or other weaknesses, only get brought up to score political points.  It is done in hopes of winning a partisan war, which is part of the subject of this thread.  People on the same side of a candidate only get upset if the candidate ends up changing away from an issue they support.  It is almost never about flip-flopping alone if you support the candidate.

HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
The wrong side is the Republican's according to the article and I agree. They lie, spew anger and hatred and are massive hypocrites. The stuff some of say really makes me wonder how they still have a job and yet people still believe them!! It's all they are good at!! While others, ignore it. e.g recently Rush Limbaugh said Obama was "hopeful" that hurricane Isaac would hit Tampa during the GOP convention. I seriously don't get how he can say such nonsense!!

All i know is, if Mitt Romney somehow becomes president, then America is fucked. It will probably sink faster then the titanic! As, he will do the similar policies to Bush (which caused the recession!) and it will likely make them bankrupt

Good article though

For the most part, anything that can be said about one of the political parties has something that is roughly equal that can be said about the other.

Since when does a Democrat lie and twist the truth to make even a good thing like abortion sound terrible, and just make up random bullshit like Republicans do? There are both in bed in with the bankers, but then who isn't? 

I've never heard of someone celebrating their 10 year anniversary of their abortion because it is a horribly traumatic and terrible thing. It may be a legal thing to do, but that doesn't make it a good thing to do. At its core you're terminating the life of what is or will become your child because of ignorance and selfishness.

You're right you don't celebrate an abortion but the thing is if you're so against abortion then you need to abolish the death penalty. The government is effectively ending a life by doing that.

You are so against abortion, but what if the women gets pregnent and does not want the kid, because they are too young or don't want them at all.                       What if they were raped, giving birth to that kid will give her horrible memories. No one has the right to stop a women from making that choice. Guess what happens if Mitt gets elected? Back street abortions, just because a law would ban it, it won't STOP no one. People will go to extreme measures to do what they want, even if it's against the law. This is what used to happen in my country before abortion was made legal in 1967, and many died because of it.                

Abortion is nothing to be proud of, but if you don't want the kid at all, no one should stop you 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

Good article though

You're right you don't celebrate an abortion but the thing is if you're so against abortion then you need to abolish the death penalty. The government is effectively ending a life by doing that.

You are so against abortion, but what if the women gets pregnent and does not want the kid, because they are too young or don't want them at all.                       What if they were raped, giving birth to that kid will give her horrible memories. No one has the right to stop a women from making that choice. Guess what happens if Mitt gets elected? Back street abortions, just because a law would ban it, it won't STOP no one. People will go to extreme measures to do what they want, even if it's against the law. This is what used to happen in my country before abortion was made legal in 1967, and many died because of it.                

Abortion is nothing to be proud of, but if you don't want the kid at all, no one should stop you 

With all those straw men around one would expect to see Dorothy.

What if a women gets pregnant and the man doesn't want the kid? We hold them financially accountable until the child is 18 through the threat of debtors prison ... Even if it is a young boy who was legally raped we force men to be fathers.

Besides that, if Abortion laws have not faced a significant change through Regan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. what makes you think they will change under Romney? Where has Romney said that it was a high priority to change abortion laws? Realistically, there will be no major change in abortion laws in the United States by any one administration, and anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to manipulate your ignorance.

Around the Network

Also.... arguing that being against abortion means you have to be against the death penalty, is like arguing that you have to be for abolishing prisons because you don't think someone should be allowed to put in jail just because the government wants someone in jail.

HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:
HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

Good article though

With all those straw men around one would expect to see Dorothy.

What if a women gets pregnant and the man doesn't want the kid? We hold them financially accountable until the child is 18 through the threat of debtors prison ... Even if it is a young boy who was legally raped we force men to be fathers.

Besides that, if Abortion laws have not faced a significant change through Regan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. what makes you think they will change under Romney? Where has Romney said that it was a high priority to change abortion laws? Realistically, there will be no major change in abortion laws in the United States by any one administration, and anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to manipulate your ignorance.

If the men don't want it, they can leave. I think abortion is the choice of the women, men can adcise it, but shouldn't decide for the women

Romney is very against abortions and we all know it, you video from CNN said that. But knowing Romney he probably doesn't know what he thinks about it. Also, don't you think the Republicans have become more extremist than they were before when compared to the republicans under Reagan and the 2 Bush's.

Well, this is politics, so politicians can say anything, even if they don't intend to act. That's sadly become normal. 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

the2real4mafol said:

If the men don't want it, they can leave. I think abortion is the choice of the women, men can adcise it, but shouldn't decide for the women

Romney is very against abortions and we all know it, you video from CNN said that. But knowing Romney he probably doesn't know what he thinks about it. Also, don't you think the Republicans have become more extremist than they were before when compared to the republicans under Reagan and the 2 Bush's.

Well, this is politics, so politicians can say anything, even if they don't intend to act. That's sadly become normal. 

Except a man can't just leave ... A man can be forced to pay child support for an unwanted child until the child is 18, and if he doesn't pay will be sent to prison.

Romney may be against abortion, and Obama may be against gun ownership, but no reasonable intelligent person would believe that either president would be able to ban either. With 4 consecutive terms for a party where they had super majorities in both the house and the senate they could pass enough small laws to effectively ban either, but moving any faster than that would likely result in them losing their seats and watching their new laws repealed.

Look at Obamacare, there was no great overhaul in the healthcare industry just hundreds of little changes which will (likely) result in rapidly increasing costs due to the checks an balances built into the system to prevent higher costs being eliminated. It doesn't represent Universal Healthcare because, even with a super majority in the house and senate, no sitting president can make a change that large.

Kasz216 said:
Also.... arguing that being against abortion means you have to be against the death penalty, is like arguing that you have to be for abolishing prisons because you don't think someone should be allowed to put in jail just because the government wants someone in jail.

It is a matter of degree, and the taking of the life being justified to do so.  The argument against abortion is that it is the taking of a human life.  So is capital punishment.  Why someone would argue for capital punishment and against abortion is that the person who gets executed deserved it, while the unborn did not.  Again here is another case of anyone who argues they are for the sanctity of human life, and for going to war and capital punishment, they really are pressing the call for "right to life" and it is all about "right to birth".  And, as this thread continues, it is going to appear that the subject is going to demonstrate itself in glorious technocolor.

HappySqurriel said:
the2real4mafol said:

Except a man can't just leave ... A man can be forced to pay child support for an unwanted child until the child is 18, and if he doesn't pay will be sent to prison.

Romney may be against abortion, and Obama may be against gun ownership, but no reasonable intelligent person would believe that either president would be able to ban either. With 4 consecutive terms for a party where they had super majorities in both the house and the senate they could pass enough small laws to effectively ban either, but moving any faster than that would likely result in them losing their seats and watching their new laws repealed.

Look at Obamacare, there was no great overhaul in the healthcare industry just hundreds of little changes which will (likely) result in rapidly increasing costs due to the checks an balances built into the system to prevent higher costs being eliminated. It doesn't represent Universal Healthcare because, even with a super majority in the house and senate, no sitting president can make a change that large.

I guess it's different in the states. But my dad left me and my mum, and he never paid to help me grow up. He was never arrested. 

anyway, I don't know but i think the US system a bit too limiting on what the president and his party can do. It was built for conservatives (who don't want much change) and it shows it's flaws, when something like universal healthcare (something i say is necessary in EVERY country) can't be introduced quickly.