By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Justin Bailey

Tagged games:

I finally accomplished a lifelong goal of mine. And that was to beat the original Metroid... and I did it TWICE!!! Just a couple of weeks ago, I had beaten it on the Wii via Virtual Console receiving the next to bad ending (Samus facing forward waving at you in full armor.) So when the game restarted, I played again from start to Mother Brain in one night, only being killed by the defenses. The next night, I finished it again with Samus in her leotard ending. And to celebrate, I bought of set of 5 1" diameter Metroid pins from eBay. I was always interested in Metroid but for some reason I never played the original on the NES. I have a GBA version which I piddled with. But it wasn't until I downloaded it from the Virtual Console I finally sunk my teeth in it. Of course I'll be downloading Super Metroid some time after I play a few other games on my current list.

Edit: Here are the pins I ordered...

Around the Network

Well, congrats!

Actually completing a game for me is a great accomplishment. xD

great work good sir!

I remember when I got this ending back in '87. It totally took me by surprise (way before the internet or even Nintendo Power magazine). None of my friends believed me that she was a girl... until I showed them that you could actually PLAY as her out of her armor.

Sweet. I've never actually beaten original Metroid, as it wasn't that i found it too hard (once i started drawing my own map, anyway), i just hated having to build my health back from zero every single time i started a new play session, and lost interest.

Bitchin' pins, too.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.