Forums - Politics Discussion - Shots fired in the Chick-Fil-A War of 2012

Tagged games:

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Apparently he brought Chik-Fil-A sanwiches with him to the shooting. Maybe he wanted to see who would grab one in order to know who to shoot.

What is saddening here is the shooting once more turns into a chance to score political points. The place of the shooting is now blaming the Southern Poverty Law Center for having some responsibility in the shooting.

Can people like WAIT A WEEK, be human and take time out to stop and think and say if something is out of bounds PERIOD?

Fifteen of them. I'm sure he justified it as a prop to help him get into the building, but from looking at this porker, I genuinely think he intended to eat them all.

It is delicious to see SPLC being hoisted by its own petard for a change. I wonder if they will have to list themselves as a hate group now.

I would say it was more likely he was going to put them on the corpse of those he killed.  But it could also be he can't resist their food.

They were probably afraid that if they didn't jump on it right away CNN was going to say he was a part of the tea party because his uncle had the same name as somebody who attended one of their rallies.

Well, when a political climate is such where people are wound around politics all the time, everything gets turned into a political football used to score points.  It happened with the shooting of the congresswoman, the Travon Martin case, the White Supremacist shooter in Europe, and this.  I am not sure the exact word for it, but there has to be a psychological term for this that would put it in a sociopathic mentality.  I believe a healthy human response is to pause and more and have some empathy and try to connect as a human.  To lack that seems to me as a mental disorder.

Eh, I think you don't give them enough credit.  I think they have Empathy, they just realize that not acting would turn the situation on them.

To use a far more extreme version of it... soldiers at war see there friends gunned down all the time, yet they still keep moving on.  That doesn't mean they don't get upset when they are back at there barracks.  After hours i'm sure there are a lot of political commentaters sitting back, feeling bad about what happened and bracing themselves for another round for whatever crazy screwed up thing happens tommorrow.

And I would say to live in such a state as this, where you are adversarial all the time, then you have a level of dysfunction.  If, in the face of a tragedy, your first reaction is to spin it politically, you are being less than human, and that is a sociopathic impulse.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Apparently he brought Chik-Fil-A sanwiches with him to the shooting. Maybe he wanted to see who would grab one in order to know who to shoot.

What is saddening here is the shooting once more turns into a chance to score political points. The place of the shooting is now blaming the Southern Poverty Law Center for having some responsibility in the shooting.

Can people like WAIT A WEEK, be human and take time out to stop and think and say if something is out of bounds PERIOD?

Fifteen of them. I'm sure he justified it as a prop to help him get into the building, but from looking at this porker, I genuinely think he intended to eat them all.

It is delicious to see SPLC being hoisted by its own petard for a change. I wonder if they will have to list themselves as a hate group now.

I would say it was more likely he was going to put them on the corpse of those he killed.  But it could also be he can't resist their food.

They were probably afraid that if they didn't jump on it right away CNN was going to say he was a part of the tea party because his uncle had the same name as somebody who attended one of their rallies.

Well, when a political climate is such where people are wound around politics all the time, everything gets turned into a political football used to score points.  It happened with the shooting of the congresswoman, the Travon Martin case, the White Supremacist shooter in Europe, and this.  I am not sure the exact word for it, but there has to be a psychological term for this that would put it in a sociopathic mentality.  I believe a healthy human response is to pause and more and have some empathy and try to connect as a human.  To lack that seems to me as a mental disorder.

Eh, I think you don't give them enough credit.  I think they have Empathy, they just realize that not acting would turn the situation on them.

To use a far more extreme version of it... soldiers at war see there friends gunned down all the time, yet they still keep moving on.  That doesn't mean they don't get upset when they are back at there barracks.  After hours i'm sure there are a lot of political commentaters sitting back, feeling bad about what happened and bracing themselves for another round for whatever crazy screwed up thing happens tommorrow.

And I would say to live in such a state as this, where you are adversarial all the time, then you have a level of dysfunction.  If, in the face of a tragedy, your first reaction is to spin it politically, you are being less than human, and that is a sociopathic impulse.

Not really.  At least, not as would be defined by the DSM.  

Again another example, when your a cop, your first thought is about what the death means has nothing to do with the tragedy, but what it means.  You see a body, your running stuff through your mind.

Doesn't make you a sociopath. 

It just makes you desensitized... because your used to it.

You don't get hit by a wave of shock, because such deaths are normal.   Such a thing is going to happen to pretty much anyone in the media, who spins it or not... because your just used to this stuff.  You see enough violent images and it just doesn't produce that same physical reaction anymore.

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:

Not really.  At least, not as would be defined by the DSM.  

Again another example, when your a cop, your first thought is about what the death means has nothing to do with the tragedy, but what it means.  You see a body, your running stuff through your mind.

Doesn't make you a sociopath. 

It just makes you desensitized... because your used to it.

You don't get hit by a wave of shock, because such deaths are normal.   Such a thing is going to happen to pretty much anyone in the media, who spins it or not... because your just used to this stuff.  You see enough violent images and it just doesn't produce that same physical reaction anymore.

I meant sociopathic as in socio (connection to society) and pathic (meaning negative).  In short, it is a mentality that doesn't foster positive connection to society.   In this, it ends up being a desensitizing and disconnecting, and a reduction of human suffering to things you don't connect to.  I would say a society that increasingly goes through this will become less humane.