By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Set To Overtake Wii and Xbox 360 In Australia (?!?)

Reports coming out of Australia state that the PS3 is on pace to defeat the Nintendo Wii and Microsoft Xbox 360 in the country.

A journalist in Australia made the reoprt stating that the way things are currently going, Sony is just a few weeks away from overtaking the Xbox 360 and Wii.

The reports are that the PS3 will be able to top 200,000 units sold in February.

Nintendo hit the 200,000 milestone back in November, things are changing though in Australia.

He stated that the PS3 had a huge sales increase through the holiday shopping season as it passed 175,000 units sold.

The new cheaper PS3 also gave Sony a big boost, as well as big games such as Ratchet & Clank, SingStar, and Uncharted.

He stated that Sony, within a few weeks, could be the gaming leader in Australia.

---

So I saw this article posted on another forum. I checked this against our numbers and every hard fact they stated agrees with our data. Wii hit 200,000 in November, ps3 passed 175,000. What I don't get is how this data suggests that "Sony is just a few weeks from away from overtaking the Xbox 360 and Wii" in Australia. Anyone?

Sales Data: http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Australia&cons2=PS3&reg2=Australia&cons3=X360&reg3=Australia&start=39096&end=39460&weekly=1

edit: sorry about thread being broken, trying to fix. :(

edit2: i don't think i can fix this. just start posting pictures featuring the word fail.

edit3: FishyJoe is my hero, thanx for fixing my post. xD 

Around the Network

WTF? It broke the thread! lmao

mM

i don't believe it.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

and yea, you broke the thread, fix it please

He broke it because the site cant handle news that sony is making a comeback in australia :D

mM
Around the Network

leo-j said:
He broke it because the site cant handle news that sony is making a comeback in australia :D

you're unbelievable you know that =P

okay, i can't see anyones reply. i think my thread is broken. :(

kitler53 said:
okay, i can't see anyones reply. i think my thread is broken. :(

you really think so =P

The article is (basically) making the assumption that the PS3 received a Holiday boost whilst the Wii and XBox 360 stopped selling after they sold 200,000 units in Australia.