By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Huckabee the Theocrat

Auron said:
Down with Obama, seriously there are no great candidates, I'm leaning towards Hilary but i dunno she's not that great either.

no seriously vote Obama no matter how much you hate him. If it comes down to Romney or Huckibee vs Obama in the election I'm voting Obama even though I'm republican. If I were you I'd pray that John Mccain or another repub, that isnt Romney or Huckibee, wins the primaries or edwards wins the primaries so you dont have to vote for either Hilary or Obama at the end.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Auron said:
Down with Obama, seriously there are no great candidates, I'm leaning towards Hilary but i dunno she's not that great either.
 Ron Paul is likely the best candidate America has ever had :) Hilary wants to ban scary videogames, just like Huckabee. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Auron said:
 Ron Paul is likely the best candidate America has ever had :) Hilary wants to ban scary videogames, just like Huckabee and Romney. 

fixed

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
Auron said:
Ron Paul is likely the best candidate America has ever had :) Hilary wants to ban scary videogames, just like Huckabee.

As much as i love video games,  they have the least amount of influence wheni try to pick a candidate.  If a candidate bans scary games but  turns the economy around, fixes health care, fixes  Social Security,  gets us out of Iraq in a reasonable way.  Well guess, what i prefer that over  the guy who doesn't ban games but screws up the other things.  

Eomund said:
The actual intent of the phrase "Separation of Church and State" was to make sure that the government did not make a preference towards any one religion. This is not to say that we can't apply the moral judgments of Religion to our laws, it is simply to remove Governmental power from establishing a state church, just as they have in England.

Yes.

But for everyone worried about Huckabee being president, there's not really any chance that someone with the last name "Huckabee" could get elected. I really hope he (or romney) doesn't get nominated either.

Around the Network

For those who missed it:

In any case, it's obvious that Huckabee has goals that are currently unconstitutional if he wants to amend the Constitution.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
For those who missed it:

In any case, it's obvious that Huckabee has goals that are currently unconstitutional if he wants to amend the Constitution.
Yeah, I think we saw that....that's why nobody here is saying we want him elected.

edit: I didn't know what "I like Mike" referred to.  Oops.  

I'm not in favor of any amendments being made to the constitution.  It's fine the way it is. 

Eomund said:
The actual intent of the phrase "Separation of Church and State" was to make sure that the government did not make a preference towards any one religion. This is not to say that we can't apply the moral judgments of Religion to our laws, it is simply to remove Governmental power from establishing a state church, just as they have in England.
"Separation of church and state" prohibits the state from endorsing or favoring any religion or its followers over any other, or punishing any religion or its followers.  (Note:  that does not prohibit the state from stopping actions dangerous to the people or the state if they are done by a religion, or from doing things to benefit the people or the state even if they run contrary to the teachings of a religion, if reasonable accomodations are made.)

@ epsilon72:  Check Eomund's signature. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

While I don't really support Huckabee, are you guys actually worried about him amending the constitution? I mean, are you going to elect tons of Congressman and Senators to help him do it? Because he sure can't do it alone.

Anywho, the only decent candidate I've heard of so far is Ron Paul. 

So he's an idiot because he believes in God?

If you don't believe what he does then just don't vote for him.