By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Blazblue announced! Blazblue Chrono Phantasma!- confirmed for ps3

oniyide said:
I like the games, but enough is enough, this is like the fourth iteration, they havent even been true sequels, and the series only started this gen

Define "true" sequel

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:
I like the games, but enough is enough, this is like the fourth iteration, they havent even been true sequels, and the series only started this gen

Define "true" sequel

something like SF3 to SF4. oh sure BlazBlue does have a contininug story, but they are using the same moveset, same music same backgrounds. Its like a super expansion pack that comes on a disc, but then again I only bought the original and CS

oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:

Define "true" sequel

something like SF3 to SF4. oh sure BlazBlue does have a contininug story, but they are using the same moveset, same music same backgrounds. Its like a super expansion pack that comes on a disc, but then again I only bought the original and CS

So you want a new engine to run the game, basically. Because movesets, gameplay and balance have changed radically from ct to extend. And this looks like the biggest change yet.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:

Define "true" sequel

So you want a new engine to run the game, basically. Because movesets, gameplay and balance have changed radically from ct to extend. And this looks like the biggest change yet.

at the very least I want different stages different music, MORE chararcters, not just adding two or three here in one version then add another two a year later in another version, thats BS to me. Something akin to the SF Alpha2-3. Dont need a whole new engine to run it.

I love the new Noel, although before she had more... eh you know...

Around the Network
oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:

Define "true" sequel

at the very least I want different stages different music, MORE chararcters, not just adding two or three here in one version then add another two a year later in another version, thats BS to me. Something akin to the SF Alpha2-3. Dont need a whole new engine to run it.

If you have played the lastest games You should notice that almost ALL the backgrounds are NEW... there are 3 new characters and one redesigned! Thay have added some new gameplay features (overdrive system) and get out others (Break Burts)... be more objective aboout new characters... You will not find a Fighting game that can add more than 3 characters in a new interation! Is hard to create new characters and find balance between new and olds... anyway, ArkSystems games are known for their original and uniques characters... Is  a Quality over quantity fact...

And Recycling sprites, music, characters, is nothing new on this genre nor in the gaming industrie since EVER...^^ Enjoy the new features...

On the other hand, here are more images and details about the game (the article is in spanish, use Google to translate or use chrome ^^):

http://www.blogiswar.net/2012/08/08/imagenes-de-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-incluyendo-de-sus-tres-nuevos-personajes/

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-fami-shots

Here the Info and more images in english...

The Overdrive system seems something like a Factor-X mode on Marvel vs CRAPcom 3... and thre's not Break Burst anymore...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Bought the one before this. Never touched it.

Bristow9091 said:
I've wanted to get into the Blazblue series, but don't know where to start... I heard Blazblue Continuum Shift II Extend (Or whatever silly name it has) comes with Calamity Trigger too, so would I be better off getting that? I assume that means I get both games on the disc, so I'll be able to catch up with the story of both games by the time the third game comes out, right? (Assuming the third comes over to EU but I can't see why it wouldn't...)

It have a playable resume of calamity Trigger but not the whole Story Mode with the Normal/bad and Fun Endings... Just the notable fights and stories... it have too whole Continum Shift Story plus DLC characters Story modes...

I recomend you begin with the Extend if You want to try out this game for the Story (one of the best of this genration in any Genre!) if want just fighting... wait the chronophantasma... ;)

DemoniOtaku said:
oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:
leatherhat said:
oniyide said:

Define "true" sequel

If you have played the lastest games You should notice that almost ALL the backgrounds are NEW... there are 3 new characters and one redesigned! Thay have added some new gameplay features (overdrive system) and get out others (Break Burts)... be more objective aboout new characters... You will not find a Fighting game that can add more than 3 characters in a new interation! Is hard to create new characters and find balance between new and olds... anyway, ArkSystems games are known for their original and uniques characters... Is  a Quality over quantity fact...

And Recycling sprites, music, characters, is nothing new on this genre nor in the gaming industrie since EVER...^^ Enjoy the new features...

On the other hand, here are more images and details about the game (the article is in spanish, use Google to translate or use chrome ^^):

http://www.blogiswar.net/2012/08/08/imagenes-de-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-incluyendo-de-sus-tres-nuevos-personajes/

Super Street Fighter 4 added way more than 3 characters, then the Arcade edition added 4 more on top of that. Alpha 2 added more than 3 Alpha 3 added way more than 3 even put some people back in. Those are games of the top of my head, so dont say fighting games dont add more than 3 characters per iteration, thats just flat false. I stopped at Coontinum Shift, not because i didnt enjoy it, i did, but for what they are charging they hadnt add much, story was good, but the levels were the same, they added like 4 new characters and two of them had to be unlocked or DLC, so really its just 2. Then there was CS 2, Extend all released with a few years, kinda hard to keep up, but since you played them all, ill take your word for it. Ill wait till they have an addition that really goes balls to the wall