Do you believe that this could happen?

Yes 12 42.86%

No 9 32.14%

Maybe 4 14.29%

I want this to happen :) 3 10.71%

I would hate for this to happen! >:( 0 0%

Netrual on this issue 0 0%

Total:28

Ubisoft is betting big with the Wii U — the company has already 9 games in development for the new console, 7 of which will be launch titles. One of those titles is ZombiU, a Wii U exclusive. ZombiU producer Guillaume Brunier believes that the Wii U is unique enough to become even more popular than the original Wii, which has sold almost 100 million units to date Brunier said in an interview with Fast Company:

“When they released the Wii a few years ago, I don’t think developers anticipated how big it would become. I think this is going to be the case with the Wii U too. Touchscreen interfaces are so common to everyone right now, that having this as part of a gaming platform is really going to get Wii U further than Wii got.”

Despite Ubisoft’s optimism, it’s hard to imagine any console selling more units than the Wii in today’s marketplace, with the increased competition from social and mobile gaming.

Source

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I think it can happen but not with these bad economic conditions. Especially with it getting worse in the future. However the year (or more?) headstart can give a lot of sales since headstarts are deadly. For launch Nintendo is fine but what they do after is the big question mark.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Maybe ... It all depends on factors we don't already know ...

It the Wii U has a clean launch, gets decent sales, and Sony and/or Microsoft launch their system 12 or more months after the Wii U and/or make some significant mistakes, Nintendo could run-away with the generation. This, of course, is not really something that can be predicted at the moment.

I don't think it will sell as many as Wii but who knows.

killeryoshis said:

Ubisoft is betting big with the Wii U — the company has already 9 games in development for the new console, 7 of which will be launch titles. One of those titles is ZombiU, a Wii U exclusive. 

I think this about sums up the article, really.  Ubisoft are betting with big with the Wii-U so they're not going to go ahead and say "Actually, though, we think it's going to do less well than the Wii".  They want to build hype about the machine so people buy it and buy their games.

Personally, I don't see the Wii-U doing anywhere near as well as the Wii.  But anything could happen, I think the next gen is wide open for any of the big three to make killer sales.  Realistically, though, I see them selling pretty closely to each other, though, like 360 and PS3 this gen.

Around the Network

I can't see that happening, I just don't think dual screen gaming will be as big a hook as motion gaming was.

That is possible, as Ouya could, PSFourth, LittleBox720, and the Dreamcast 2. All is possible.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I thought Zombie U was a 6 month timed exclusive?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/352548/wii-u-exclusive-zombiu-could-be-released-on-ps3-xbox-360/#

Well, not only the release date but also the massive brand name will give Wii U a great head-start over the competition. Heck, some people will probably buy it simply for Wii Sports 3 and the likes (possibly ignoring the new controller altogether).

Still, suggesting that it may outsell the Wii really tells us nothing. It was the only possible/realistic answer.

It could happen, but atm it doesn't look likely. Depends on a lot of factors that we don't know about yet

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~