By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Macbook Air?!?!?!

weight is more of an issue than thickness

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

First off, it can use the disk drive of any other computer on the network. Second its meant NOT as your only computer!!!!

Why have a powerful desktop and a powerful laptop. Why not just have a powerful desktop and a light, thin laptop when you want to get through airport security, go to a business meeting, sit in the park on a sunny day, etc.

This is my signature.

reverie said:
It's not an OLED, it's a LED. LEDs are brighter, thinner, more energy efficient and have a longer lifespan than LCDs. Also better for the environment (less toxic and stuff).
Say what???? Like everybody else, Apple uses LCD display technology. LEDs are used for the background lighting of the LCD panel.

From apples site:

13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy widescreen TFT LED backlit display with support for millions of colors

and

A smart LED display.

The backlit LED display allows for an even thinner build. It provides instant full-screen brightness the moment you open MacBook Air. The mercury- and arsenic-free display is also more power efficient, which translates to longer battery life.

This is my signature.

I dont know how they can get away with claiming its the thinnest laptop ever when the Mitsubishi Pedion released in 1997 was thinner.

By an amazing coincidence that also didnt have an optical drive.

Around the Network

Hah. I saw that too viewsonic.

Someone at Apple did not do enough research!!!!

This is my signature.