By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2012: Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl XLVII

Who will win the Super Bowl? Part II

Denver Broncos 24 18.75%

New England Patriots 14 10.94%

Houston Texans 1 0.78%

Baltimore Ravens 29 22.66%

Glasgow Rangers 3 2.34%

Atlanta Falcons 4 3.13%

San Francisco 49ers 29 22.66%

Green Bay Packers 4 3.13%

Seattle Seahawks 6 4.69%

I am a wuss, but I want to see the results. 12 9.38%

Total:126
insomniac17 said:

Well, I'll probably stay out of the prediction league, partly because Rol won't let me in and partly because I really don't know enough to make any sort of decent predictions. I'm great at reading articles that tell me the Broncos will do great though, and I believe them because they're all true.

I think the Broncos can do well this year. I approve of Peyton Manning taking over for Tebow, and I think that Denver will have a good year if he stays healthy. Problem is if he goes down, who the hell are we left with? Hanie? He's the second string QB right now.

And... that's about all I have to say for now. I haven't really kept up with any other NFL team.

Caleb Hanie is awesome.  Look what he did for the Bears last year.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Orton is where he always belonged as a backup. Even worse than another chronic failure in Tony Romo. Orton could only start for the worst teams like the Browns, Miami and Tampa Bay.

@ Insomniac Predicting could be done in 5 minutes or less if you choose to not think about it much. It never requires a bunch of analysis on teams if you do not want to.

Insomniac just hope Brock Osweiller is good enough to be backup over Hanie. Still with our better o-line Hanie will do better here than Chicago ever let him do.

Well... are we going to predict the division winners? These are off the top of my head and subject to change.

AFC West: Chargers

AFC North: Ravens

AFC South: Texans

AFC East: Patriots

NFC West: 49ers

NFC North: Bears (yes I really think that this is going to happen if they stay healthy)

NFC South: Falcons

NFC East: Giants

I'm not giving reasons because I don't have to.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

chocoloco said:
Insomniac just hope Brock Osweiller is good enough to be backup over Hanie. Still with our better o-line Hanie will do better here than Chicago ever let him do.

I really want to see Osweiller in the pre-season.  Not as much as I want to see Manning though lol.  Watching the scrimmage vids on the broncos website makes me think that Peyton isn't that confident in his ability.

Around the Network
amp316 said:

Caleb Hanie is awesome.  Look what he did for the Bears last year.

chocoloco said:

@ Insomniac Predicting could be done in 5 minutes or less if you choose to not think about it much. It never requires a bunch of analysis on teams if you do not want to.

(From your other post) Insomniac just hope Brock Osweiller is good enough to be backup over Hanie. Still with our better o-line Hanie will do better here than Chicago ever let him do.

Well, it would have the benefit of making everyone else feel better about their prediction skills.

I've heard good things about Osweiler, but I guess the Broncos don't think he's as good as Hanie. They have Osweiler listed as the 3rd string QB. I'm hoping that Hanie will surprise me if he does end up taking over, but I'm not optimistic.

RolStoppable said:

How come that Hanie still has a job in the NFL? He had like some good minutes in a playoff game two years ago, but apparently that's enough to remain in the league.

And you will participate in the prediction league, because I need some people that are bound to be worse than me.

Maybe the Broncos are hoping he will play better because he played college football here.

That'd be me. Alright then.

I really think the Saints are not going to be as a good this year without coach Sean Peyton. That dirty bastard got what he deserved for putting up bounties on key rival opponents players. I hope their season suffers due to finding out what happened in that organization.

chocoloco said:

He could have half an hour to throw every play and would still throw three interceptions a game.  Trust me when I tell you that he's one of the worst QBs I've ever seen on the Bears and that's saying a lot.  The guy makes Cade McNown look like Steve Young.

shakarak said:

I really want to see Osweiller in the pre-season.  Not as much as I want to see Manning though lol.  Watching the scrimmage vids on the broncos website makes me think that Peyton isn't that confident in his ability.

Yeah, but Amp started this whole Manning is going to be injured nonsense so we have been focusing on that.

Peyton seems like the type that is never satisfied and always looking to improve so I would not put too much in that line of thinking yet.

Osweiller only played one year of college so it is not surprising that even though he did great that one year, he is probably not ready to be the backup. He hopefully will test the bears in the coming preseason game.

RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:
I really think the Saints are not going to be as a good this year without coach Sean Peyton. That dirty bastard got what he deserved for putting up bounties on key rival opponents players. I hope their season suffers due to finding out what happened in that organization.

Oh, so the Saints got a new coach. Well, in that case the Panthers are going to win the NFC South, provided that Cam Newton is still their QB.

I'm not sure if you're joking.  

The Saints coach was suspended for paying his players to cripple people.  Loco's actually telling the truth here.