By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Sacrifice Official Thread! Prepare to be sacrificed... ( 3 free DLC packs detailed )

Chandler said:

What the fuck am I supposed to do against Illecebra as a monster? I literally just kited her around a pillar for 5 minutes waiting for her enrage chase mode to wear off.

Edit: Ok I got her. Still don't know if I can counter her crouching form (that charge and the explosion that turns everything into stone, even through terrain) with skilled movement, but stonewall did it's job protecting me.

I just beat her two days ago... when the stone explosion if You're far enough You can avoid being petrified... it was damn hard that bitch... and now I'm stuck on the chapter next.. vs the Harpy... she just do so fucking too much damage... even with improving defense  her swallow attack deal me more than half the life bar >.<.. I'm 17:25 rigth now...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
hit max rank...the only thing that sucks about that is now you can't see whether you get +/++ shard depending whether you sacrifice or save monsters

Actually you still can. When neither essence is special it will usually say things like "A dying cat" above the creature. Sometimes it will say you sense a good soul or a divine soul for LE's and I think a powerful soul for SE's

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

DemoniOtaku said:
Chandler said:

What the fuck am I supposed to do against Illecebra as a monster? I literally just kited her around a pillar for 5 minutes waiting for her enrage chase mode to wear off.

Edit: Ok I got her. Still don't know if I can counter her crouching form (that charge and the explosion that turns everything into stone, even through terrain) with skilled movement, but stonewall did it's job protecting me.

I just beat her two days ago... when the stone explosion if You're far enough You can avoid being petrified... it was damn hard that bitch... and now I'm stuck on the chapter next.. vs the Harpy... she just do so fucking too much damage... even with improving defense  her swallow attack deal me more than half the life bar >.<.. I'm 17:25 rigth now...

If you are at the mission I think you are (first mission of last magusar chapter), then there is a mage in the area you can resurrect. He's actually pretty helpful against the harpy because he is laying out lightning traps that go off when she sucks them in, stunning her and giving you the chance to perform a skillful attack with a stone spell.

I just did this mission first try without any problems, the harpy was stunned most of the time.

Edit: Random high score out of nowhere. I was just fooling around with the chest of luck, that's my first time even surpassing the 450 score for the achievement...

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
DemoniOtaku said:
Chandler said:

If you are at the mission I think you are (first mission of last magusar chapter), then there is a mage in the area you can resurrect. He's actually pretty helpful against the harpy because he is laying out lightning traps that go off when she sucks them in, stunning her and giving you the chance to perform a skillful attack with a stone spell.

I just did this mission first try without any problems, the harpy was stunned most of the time.

Edit: Random high score out of nowhere. I was just fooling around with the chest of luck, that's my first time even surpassing the 450 score for the achievement...

Yeah.. I saved him.. but after sometime the arpy kill me and he sacrificed me.. :/ then I saw the harpy have the life stil in orange... tried sacrficing him... but is worse the arpy just kill me after one swallow.. and sacrificing him doesn't hurt it so much neither.. I'm leveling up my defense and attack on avalon's pact... then will try tonigh again... btw I burned her a lot of times and even detroyed her cursed parts.. but still just make her life get yellow :/

Similarly hard was the werwolf on ballad of the Wolf chaters... that Damn werewolf was harder than the cerberus!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

^ The harpy was a real bitch to fight until I did enough grinding to level up AND get a good line-up of fire and lightning based attacks. You just have to keep at it.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

The trick to beating the harpy is to not get sucked up. Run in the opposite direction or cast a shield or a morph spell and you wont get sucked up. Casting traps all over the place helps too.

The werewolf and Illecebra were hard too but only because they were the first bosses where I couldn't just outrun their attacks.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

finished 9 chp of Avalon quest...was it me or was the dual Illecebra fight HARD AS SHIT!?!?!?! argh!!! have to beat the mission twice and I had to do it all by my lonesome as the people paring up with me on the internet were weak as shit!!!

though I must admit I even i was getting one-shotted by the serpent attack...

arcane_chaos said:
finished 9 chp of Avalon quest...was it me or was the dual Illecebra fight HARD AS SHIT!?!?!?! argh!!! have to beat the mission twice and I had to do it all by my lonesome as the people paring up with me on the internet were weak as shit!!!

Man, I don't even want to TRY that damn fight. I swear, the late Avalon quests are a torture rack.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:
arcane_chaos said:

Man, I don't even want to TRY that damn fight. I swear, the late Avalon quests are a torture rack.

it was the most rage-inducing mission by far!!! basically one would turn you to stone while the other did the serpent attack; I know you came block it with a shield but sometimes one illecebra would be out of your visual range and boom dead..it's like they were planning it all along...

I know we all hate the AI but I got to give credit to both Magusar and Endeir...they acually were holding their own against Illecebra...for a awhle

Damn what am I missing fighting magusar? Phase 1 ends in like 10 seconds now for me but I cant beat phase 2 without running out of offerings. Is there a way to replenish your casts in p2? I downed him twice in this phase and wrecked havoc on him but he must have an insane amount of health.

Edit: Ugh, got him. Just needed all slots for DPS :D