By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should I buy a WiiU?

NSMB Wii-U

I can buy every 2D Mario and a console to play them on bar Mari-U for less than the price of a Wooh. (includes shitty portable versions)

ZombU

Let's be serious. This is a Ubisoft FPS. $40-50 will buy me all the best FPS goodness for the past 5-20years on Steam. F-U Sean. Steam gives me far more gaming bang/$ and is the only "gaming" company looking for new audiences/gamers.

Wii-U Party aka Nintendoland

Please.

For those who aren't familiar with how Nintendo thinks they can play the game these days. They throw out what they think will be a 20M seller once a year (holidays) thinking that will be enough to sell the hardware. One AAA game and 2 B-games a year is all you're going to get (at most) but it isn't to cut it anymore.

Instead of launching with Wii FitU, Mari-U, Mario KartU, ZeldU, and a new IP or 2 that will blow your socks off, they play us in the hope that they can string us out over 5 years until the next overpriced piece of hardware comes along.

Odds are that Nintendo isn't going to produce the next "killer app". They might produce 'gamer apps' like Mario Galaxy if they haven't confused themselves too much but for the most part, they played their hand last gen, THEY HAVE NOTHING. Even if Nintendo can make new IPs on the level of Mario 64, OoT and Goldeneye it isn't going to be enough.

Nintendo can't compete with a super cheap (less than 10% of original production cost) 360, PS3 and most importantly Wii never mind the 720 and PS4 (if Sony hasn't died by then).

The only company Nintendo cannot beat is Nintendo.

What Nintendo should have done?

Forget about WiiU and give the Wii away for free without any Wiimotes or games. If you're going to start losing money on hardware, you might sw well do it on successful hardware. If this screen is so good they can bundle it with 'screen games' like they did for the balance board and motion plus. Wait until after 720 and PS4 play their cards and then release a real Nintendo console.

I'll take Starfox and Metroid (real one) and F-Zero for the Wii thanks. Fuck (the) U.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

So... was that a rhetorical question? o.0

But what about pikmin 3 the sequel to the best game ever?

Also You want Nintendo to release a mario kart and zelda already? Don't they you need you know time to make that? The last two only released two years ago

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

you are one person
Nintendo doesnt make things to please you, deal with it

Oh, another ``my opinion and tastes  are the only ones that fu***** matters in the whole world, you should all be like me`` thread.

Cute.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

Also You want Nintendo to release a mario kart and zelda already? Don't they you need you know time to make that? The last two only released two years ago

I hope all 4 of you Pikmin bastards enjoy you're game while Nintendo are posting record losses.

Chuva said:

Oh, another ``my opinion and tastes  are the only ones that fu***** matters in the whole world, you should all be like me`` thread.

Cute.

When my tastes are the ones that have sent Nintendo to record highs then my opinion counts more than the Pikminlovers/Nintendohaters

Pyro as Bill said:
killeryoshis said:

I hope all 4 of you Pikmin bastards enjoy you're game while Nintendo are posting record losses.

Don't be jealous that nintendo likes serving me more than you :D

Atleast I have normal expectations :)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

No, I'm not just one. I'm one of the 8M who made the NES a success in Europe and if Nintendo wants me to help make them a success again they have to play like they wanna win and not just phone-in the games.

The Pikminites can go fuck themselves. If Nintendo is focussing on the Pikminites then they're not focussing on me. That's fine if Nintendo wants to post record losses, sell hardware below cost and eventually go 3rd party/bankrupt.

Never buy a console at launch, ever. That's my approach as I usually buy legacy systems and games. This has allowed me to amass a very large collection for a fraction of the cost. I guess I'll buy a Wii next, see what all the fuss was about :P