DS - 988,168
Wii - 293,990

2007 VGC  numbers
DS - 1,030,078
Wii - 312,027

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/html/2589875

Nintendo Ploughs Through 2007
Post by Steve Farrelly

Nintendo of Australia has supplied us with some information regarding their overall software performance for 2007; from DS and Wii console sell through to what the top three performing titles were for both machines.

According to The Big N Australia, life-to-date sales of the DS are at 988,168 while the Wii is still climbing from 293,990 at the end of 2007. The top three software performers in 07 for both platforms were as follows:

Nintendo DS:

* Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - 167,319
    * Dr Kawashima's Brain Training - 78,279
    * More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima - 67,095

Nintendo Wii:

* Wii Play with Wii Remote - 114,600
    * Super Mario Galaxy - 54,079
    * Mario Party 8 - 52,530

Given Wii Play with the Wii Remote has both been available since the Wii's launch and is incredible value it makes sense it would be number one, but it's also interesting to see that in just over a month Super Mario Galaxy shot straight to number two with just under 50% sales of the top game. It's sad to see Mario Party 8 so high when other top games such as Metroid Prime 3 have been available for a little while. No surprises in the DS camp for top games though, but it would have been nice to see our old pal Link make a strong debut.

Moving into 2008, Nintendo still have their latest peripheral-driven title to hit, Wii Fit, while the whole Wii community (and beyond) wait with baited breath for the hotly anticipated online party romp, Super Smash Bros Brawl. No word on an Aussie release date yet, but the US release was just recently push back to March 9. We'll keep bugging Nintendo of Australia for a date though.

Around the Network

Well done guys.

I'm assuming there numbers are sold to retail, so the total sold amount is less. Great job with the accuracy ioi, your numbers are truly amazing.

Wii is sold out. So for all practical purposes, sold to retail = sold to consumer. Not sure about DS but I doubt there is much inventory there either.

FishyJoe said:
Wii is sold out. So for all practical purposes, sold to retail = sold to consumer. Not sure about DS but I doubt there is much inventory there either.

Okay, i just thought it was sold out in NA and was just in very limited supply in other parts of the world, thanks for clearing this up.

Around the Network

Wow, very good accuracy - wii is sold out in most of the shops i've been to lately (in melbourne), however i haven't checked for a while

Anywho, good work ioi!

australia is sold out and wont get a resupply until febuary. this has been confirmed by a national retailers head office

well done ioi numbers are very close

Griffin said:
FishyJoe said:

Okay, i just thought it was sold out in NA and was just in very limited supply in other parts of the world, thanks for clearing this up.

That was true until christmass shopping. It took that "stockpile" that was there in Others away. 

I haven't seen a Wii or DS in either my local EB or my two local JB's. I'd say the Wii and DS are pretty close to sold out.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow, wastnt the GC lifetime sales in Aus 25000?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-