By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PlayStation Vita Projects Being Moved To Wii U?

Do you think this will get the type of coverage that negative news about the Wii U got around the internet

Yes 5 16.67%

No 19 63.33%

Even more 6 20.00%

Total:30

A rumour is circulating the web which suggests that developers are moving their PlayStation Vita projects across to Wii U due to the relatively poor sales of the console around the world. If this rumour is true then it’s likely that some of the proposed PlayStation Vita titles will make their way across to the Wii U eShop as digital releases.

Here is one such rumor

Rumor has it that the PS Vita’s floundering at retail has both helped and damaged developer perception of whether they should make games for the Wii U.

Some people are said to be worried about the Vita struggling and fear the Wii U will meet the same fate. They might think it would be better to keep making games for current consoles with bigger user base where there is more money guaranteed, at least at first.

This is a fear for every console launch so I don’t see this as that bad for Nintendo.

The bigger part of this rumor is that some Vita games are getting moved over to the Wii U. At first I thought this was an odd choice for someone to make but given how poor Vita hardware/software sales are and with no end in sight it does make some sense.

Since both the PS Vita and Wii U Game Pad are almost identical (except the Wii U controller having clickable analog sticks and four shoulder buttons) I’m sure porting over existing Vita projects are incredibly easy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this means we see a lot of Vita + Wii U eShop multi-platform releases.

But this is a rumor for now so don’t take it to heart even if it sounds like it could prove true.

-3DS XL/NSMB is being considered a 3DS “re-launch” for America
-After the new design gets its time in the sun, Nintendo will feel comfortable talking about the future of the Wii U.
-Some rather impressive non-port titles are coming in the next 365 days. Some spin-offs and ports, too. But there are original titles there.
-Vita dying a slow sales death is convincing some publishers to stay off Wii U (due to an expectation of being able to port between) and getting some publishers to consider moving Vita titles to Wii U.
-Nintendo retail reps are talking to stores to give Wii U a big retail presence – big demo units, prominent placement, and training workers to explain why the controller is like an iPad with buttons.

The source of this rumor also details how New Super Mario Bros 2 and the 3DS XL is a “relaunch” for the 3DS platform in North America and how Nintendo plans to represent the Wii U with game demo kiosks in retailers nearing release.

If you thought people stealing Wii Remotes around Wii launch was bad just wait until you see how many Wii U Game Pads are torn from the tether at stores across the country this holiday!

So now a rumor has arisen in the favor of the Wii U. It will be interesting to see if it makes the front page on VGcharz like all of the anti-Nintento rumors did.

This is certainly the right direction for the industry to move in. Though, its kind of funny how so many "people" insisted that Vita+PS3 would make the Wii U irrevellent.

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/25/playstation-vita-projects-being-moved-to-wii-u/

Around the Network

Already posted: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145728&page=1

We already had this Vita thread. We (anybody competent) already laughed at the hilarious excuse for a source and another chance to post some Vita doom. Just saying it like it is.

I don't check the general games section for Nintendo related news. Shouldn't that be in either the Sony or Nintendo sections instead?

I'm sorry but I thought the "Veeterzz r domed" articles are pretty rampant already on the net.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
I'm sorry but I thought the "Veeterzz r domed" articles are pretty rampant already on the net.

This is the closest thing to one I've ever seen.

Answering your poll, yeah this will never get the attention if it was related to a Nintendo console (in a negative way), it doesn't matter if it just a rumor, which is probably false to begin with. The gaming media just plain hates Nintendo (for the most part)

Nintendo and PC gamer

ok, so let get this right, they moved games from the 3DS to the PlayStation Vita and now to the Wii-U?

spurgeonryan said:
Why would these developers just up and pick the Wii U to bring these games to?

The games that would (probably) move from PS-Vita to the Wii U would be games that made heavy use of the touch screen ...

Even though the Wii U is an unproven platform, and a Vita game would may not sell that well on the Wii U, the reason for making a move like this would be that they could possibly get an additional game sale per $5 to $10 they spent porting the game. For a pretty minimal port they could spend $500,000 to $1,000,000 and probably get 100,000 to 200,000 sales on the Wii U; and for an enhanced port ($5,000,000 to $10,000,000) they might be able to get 500,000 to 1,000,000 additional sales.

Port games from a console with relatively low sales to one with no sales?

Categorize this as unsubstantiated rumor, imo.