By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q1 - $221m loss on of revenue $1.08bn. Shipments: 1.86m 3DS, 710k Wii, 540k DS

Yeah no I know it's just the currency.
Lots of economists are saying the Yen is overvalued by a significant amount due to speculation.

Around the Network

Fingers crossed the results are positive. Getting bored of these Nintendo is doomed after their first ever annual loss.

I will be expecting losses for tthis first quarter, but they will be smaller than last year's losses, but not by so much. If the losses turns out to be higher than last year, then I'll be expecting it to be, not by so much too. Right know I hope for some positive results or else we will be seeing some more doom threads.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

theprof00 said:
Lots of economists are saying the Yen is overvalued by a significant amount due to speculation.

Definitely. Japan's got a 200% debt-to-GDP ratio and has seen basically zero economic growth in 20 years. Their interest rates are already rock-bottom, and they're reduced to printing money. The *only* thing holding their currency up is high savings levels and rampant speculation

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

hoping something good, cuz i cant stand to hear pachter anymore

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Similar for the Dollar/Yen....

Interestingly, the Australian dollar has remained relatively stable against the yen...

The Aussie dollar is a little weaker against the yen than it was, but not nearly as dramatically so. Whereas the US dollar has lost about 35% of its value against the yen, the Aussie dollar is only down about 20%.

Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:

Definitely. Japan's got a 200% debt-to-GDP ratio and has seen basically zero economic growth in 20 years. Their interest rates are already rock-bottom, and they're reduced to printing money. The *only* thing holding their currency up is high savings levels and rampant speculation

Yeah it's really insane how they gain every single day when their country has been on the slow burn for many years. It's worse than zero economic growth. It's their ageing population problem, it's their population shrink, it's their losses in business holdings due to globalization and increased competition, it's more foreign companies siphoning off profits like McDonalds and other huge brand names.

Just the fact that so many Japanese save up their money and then come to America to spend it because it's worth so much more. It just isn't logical.

welcome to neo liberalism

DieAppleDie said:
welcome to neo liberalism

That's a british term isn't it? Meaning, American conservatism?

Bloody hell, I never took into account of the exchange rates. I knew about the devaluation of the US dollar and the much terrible Euro against the strengthen yen, but I did not know it was this devastating.

I need to know where the devil you got those exchange rate charts, kynes, so I can know for next time?

Forget what I said about Nintendo their winnings back right after the holidays, make that way pass beyond that, like for the next 3-4 months or so...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!