By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Please Help me decide which cell should I get

I want to see this 5 mega pixel camera phone.

mM
Around the Network

It depends on your needs and budget. Give us more info.

BTW HTC rocks. I got a HTC StrTrk and I love it.

leo-j said:
I want to see this 5 mega pixel camera phone.

i don't know about the Sony phone he's talking about but the Nokia N95 has a 5 MP camera.  I heard somewhere that the N96 (not out yet) is rumored to possibly even have a 7 MP camera but I can't find that link anymore so maybe it was debunked and pulled down.

^Ok, here it is:

It's the Ericsson K850. I want one.

I need a qwerty keyboard, mail client, push e mail, the camera is not that important, and if it has touchscreen much better.
My budget is around 800 dollars

Wii # 1303 9468 5016 0389

PSN Cmarkru

Xbox live gold Cmarkru

Please feel free to ad me any time, just let me know.

Around the Network

I would go for the MotorRazr2, Sony Ericsson or the iPhone.

All three of those phones have features that are worth your money.

which sony ericsson smallville? The K850 listed above doesn't have a qwerty keyboard he wants.  Not sure about the other features as I haven't read up on that phone. And the Razr2 doesn't have the qwerty keyboard either. The iPhone has its own qwerty keyboard in the touch interface. Some people have gotten real used to it and some still prefer tactile feedback so i'd suggest trying one out at an Apple store.

The "HTC kaiser/ tytn II/ at&t tilt" is a great phone and should definitely suffice for your needs. It's actually the phone i've been watching myself but i'm too cheap to get it right now. I'll probably end up grabbing it when prices go down or if I end up signing a new contract since it'll be cheaper that way.

I hate the HTC touch UI myself. It appears that they tried to rip off the iPhone swiping gestures but either due to patents or their inability to code it properly it fails horribly. Plus no qwerty keyboard since you want that.

The O2 XDA flame... hadn't seen it before now but judging from what i've seen it's huge! It would look quite awkward walking around with that but if that's your thing some of the features like USB on the go and TV-out do sound interesting.

Thank you all for your help.

Wii # 1303 9468 5016 0389

PSN Cmarkru

Xbox live gold Cmarkru

Please feel free to ad me any time, just let me know.

fazz said:
Personally, I like Sony Ericssons. They are the only Sony thing I would buy. They are durable, great signal, great media player, great file browsing, great features, great price, and easy to mod.

compared to nokia the battery and signal suck big time

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
fazz said:
Personally, I like Sony Ericssons. They are the only Sony thing I would buy. They are durable, great signal, great media player, great file browsing, great features, great price, and easy to mod.

compared to nokia the battery and signal suck big time

Well I haven't really compared the two, but the signal seems fine :P The battery is average I suppose, I don't listen to mp3's or use the radio on mine though >_>; I'm sure that helps

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.