By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 models 16GB, 250GB, and 500GB plus rumored prices!

Conegamer said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:
Lol I love how a PS3 without an Harddrive is an great idea but the WiiU without an harddrive is horrible.

Big difference here. With these PS3s it is optional.

Surely since you can buy a HDD which works with the WiiU for the same price, it's the same?

I'm not saying it's a good idea. But it's an idea. And a lot of people who would be getting the PS3 now are likely gonna be people who are uninterested in 'hardcore' gaming, and, as such, won't care about the lack of space. Same with the WiiU. 

Though, after all that rambling, they should release a WiiU with a 150GB HDD, let's say, for £30 more. But that's another thread.

Oh yeah I also forgot that you can use any hard drive in the ps3. So there's yet another reason to have a model without a hard drive. Especially as an upgrade to a previous system, all you have to do is pop the old one into the new machine!

Around the Network

Well I'm getting one and all you haters can suck my 500gb DONG

16gb doesn't sound enough to me,it wouldn't do me anyway not by a long shot

even though it seems like i can't save most of my games any more and have to buy psn just to back up a lot of my saves,is that just me or do other people find this

Above & Beyond

Jay520 said:
I so called the $229 price. I would like some sort of praise from the Gamrconnect community.

Oh shit we got a bad ass over here!

Good job on the predicting

$129 xmas PS3 incoming?

Around the Network
Dampfi said:

$129 xmas PS3 incoming?

where did you get $129 from? no way its gonna be lower than $150.

^^
Yes, prices lower than $150 will arrive later, most probably when PS4 launches, not before.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Sony announces a $0 PS3 2 year contract deal.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:
I'm sick and tired of the Hd fans claiming Nintendo is after the hardcore without anything to back it up. How is revealing Mario, Wii Fit, Nintendoland(which they want to be the next Wii Sports) and a bunch of multiplats targeting the hardcore. Like I said before it's just people wanna believe Nintendo was in the wrong but numbers don't lie and as long as that blue line is the tallest, Nintendo proved they were right. For the poster that mentioned cloud storage, you realize the WiiU hasn't launched on top of that Nintendo hasn't even revealed shit about its storage and the PS3 needs storage due to its plenty of games needing to be downloaded.

"without anything to back it up"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/e3/8563585/Nintendo-Wii-U-will-appeal-to-hardcore-gamers.html

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117991-Nintendo-Wants-Wii-U-The-Preferred-Console-for-Hardcore-Gamers

Also, Nintendo has confirmed Wii U will come with 8GB of internal storage.

Both links are speculation and PR desires. Nothing concrete. 

But I think there was a article where Nintendo said they arent making any "COD" style games, leaving that stuff up to third parties. Now saying COD doesnt necessarily mean that franchise, but shooters (1st and 3rd) in general. Shooters may not be your personal cup of tea, but they are the biggest and most in demand genre in gaming. For Nintendo to deny making that kind of game shuns many core gamers right there.

Then we get into the complicated part......what do they and we consider "core" games? Nintendo surely considers Mario a core franchise but many gamers would agree that a franchise made for everyone arguably isnt core. Core can be defined as a game with difficulty that cant be easily beaten, a mature plot/setting/characters etc, or something not meant for the mass market. Most Nintendo franchises are made for everyone, but they consider them core. 

To me, thats deluded thinking on their part, and Nintendo hasnt changed a bit. You either make games for grown-ups and stop leaving it to the 3rd parties, or you arent a "core" machine. Thats me but Im sure Im not alone on that. 

Just because Nintendo, as a developer, isn't going to make hardcore games does not negate the fact that Nintendo, as a console manufacturer, does want hardcore gamers to flock to their console. That's one of the biggest reasons why the want 3rd party support - To make the hardcore games that they themselves will not make. In theory, Nintendo can attract hardcore gamers without developing hardcore games, if 3rd party developers sufficiently support the Wii U.

But just relying on 3rd parties puts them at a disadvantage. MS and Sony each have their own exclusive shooter IPs and no doubt will use their influence to get 3rd parties on their side as well. Just seems Nintendo is taking the lazy route. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

$179 and $229 models will sell like hotcakes.

Would be interesting to see if this happens to be true.