By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Romney and Obama - same difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDJEc92d38

We need a REAL American president who puts America first. Obama and Romney - both the same - are not the answer.

The fact Romney even has a chance at Presidency makes me sick, and Obama has been an obvious failure of epic proportions.

Around the Network

insomniac17 said:

Gary Johnson looks exactly the same as Romney and Obama to me. A few differences here and there, but he would be just as damaging as Romney and Obama.

McDonaldsGuy said:

We need a REAL American president who puts America first. Obama and Romney - both the same - are not the answer.

The fact Romney even has a chance at Presidency makes me sick, and Obama has been an obvious failure of epic proportions.

Indeed. Most American's don't even care about politics enough to do any research or even bother voting. They will just believe whatever the main stream media tells them to. At least there are a lot of people waking up and demanding change. I'll support Ron Paul and/ or Gary Johnson until the very end.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

McDonaldsGuy said:

Gary Johnson looks exactly the same as Romney and Obama to me. A few differences here and there, but he would be just as damaging as Romney and Obama.

How so?

Around the Network

Someone please explain the damage President Obama has done.

insomniac17 said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

How so?

Maybe a little exaggerated, but his ideas on illegal immigration scare me.

insomniac17 said:

*video*

The thing about Johnson is that if he actually wins he won't have any support in either the House or Senate. He will be there all on his own, and I doubt he'd be able to actually get anything passed that he wants. 

Obama and Romney are not the same, and it only takes cursory research of their policy positions to see that. They have completely different rhetoric on tax policy, health care, the role of government in protecting the environment and the economy, among other things.

If you say they are the same, then you are either trying to make your own candidate look good, or you have not cared enough to pay attention to the campaign. They are two very different people with different policy positions (albeit Romney has had to flip flop on a variety of his old positions and policies to get to where he is and reflect the stance of the extremists controlling his party).

And, frankly, unbridled libertarianism will do a heck of a lot more damage to America then Obama's mild conservatism will ever do. One only needs to look at the great depression of the 1930s to see where decades of small government not regulating the behavior of corporations will do to an economy. The current problem isn't too much government control. The problem is not enough. We had higher taxes and more government regulation in the 1950s, and our economy was doing a heck of a lot better then then it is now.

McDonaldsGuy said:

Maybe a little exaggerated, but his ideas on illegal immigration scare me.

I would say very exaggerated. What about his stance on illegal immigration scares you?

TadpoleJackson said:

The thing about Johnson is that if he actually wins he won't have any support in either the House or Senate. He will be there all on his own, and I doubt he'd be able to actually get anything passed that he wants.

Possibly. But he managed in New Mexico. And more importantly he would be able to keep a lot of crap from passing that Obama or Romney would sign off on in an instant. I think he'd do better than you give him credit for. Especially if enough people backed him and yelled at their representatives or senators to go for what he wanted to get done.

Of course, he is a longshot for winning the race, I'll admit that. He has my vote regardless. I won't vote for either Obama or Romney, because I see that as giving into something that I can't agree with.

What I really want to see, is for everyone to know that he's in the race. I want people to hear his views, and realize that there's more to politics than just what you hear from the usual Democrat/Republican outlets. So many people don't even know that other points of view even exist.