By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Oz, The Great & Powerful Trailer Released! (From Sam Raimi)

zarx said:
hmm anything without a citation on Wikipedia is basically worthless, whoever wrote the article probably just assumed it is. 

A quick google search led me to even less clarity, sadly. They all refer to it as a "prequel to the events of the 1939 movie", or other such wordings... which may be read as "it's intended as a prequel to the movie", or "it's based on the prequel to the book that the movie was based on".

Note, though, that Kansas is still in black and white. If nothing else, that's a clear allusion to the 1939 movie.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
zarx said:
hmm anything without a citation on Wikipedia is basically worthless, whoever wrote the article probably just assumed it is. 

A quick google search led me to even less clarity, sadly. They all refer to it as a "prequel to the events of the 1939 movie", or other such wordings... which may be read as "it's intended as a prequel to the movie", or "it's based on the prequel to the book that the movie was based on".

Note, though, that Kansas is still in black and white. If nothing else, that's a clear allusion to the 1939 movie.

Just found this on the official site 

http://www.ozthegreatandpowerfulmovie.com/wizard-of-oz/wizard-oz-official-trailer/

seems that they are billing it as a prequel to the old movie

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!