By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announcing that they will announce something later....?

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/microsoft-plans.html

Corporate vice president of Live, software and services John Schappert, who joined the company in August coming from Electronic Arts, will deliver an address on Wednesday, February 20 called "A Future Wide Open: Unleashing the Creative Community."

In an email announcing the keynote, the GDC described it thusly:

Schappert's keynote explores the Xbox 360 platform's next step in democratizing game development, vastly opening up the industry for developers of all sizes. The session will set the strategy for Xbox 360 this upcoming year, revealing top developers' plans for the platform in 2008. Schappert will discuss how the increasing role of online gaming will continue to shape gameplay and game distribution this year. (emphasis ours)

Woo hoo!! So will have to wait till February 20th for an announcement

Now these are just guesses but this is what I'm expecting:

1) Microsoft will reveal yet again for the third time that Resident Evil 5 is coming to the 360.. yep RE5 from Capcom on the 360 (you heard it here first... for the third time)

2) One potentially good AAA exclusive title, two potential bad exclusives, three potentially good Xbox Live games and a shovel full of crappy Xbox live games

3) Mystwalker and Bungie announce PS3 exclusives a week before GDC, John Schapert cancels presentation

4) MGS 4 is announced on the 360 through backdoor channels... no other sources can confirm or deny the announcement.

5) The following games will be delayed till 2009.. wait that sound too negative... The following games will be confirmed for 2009 - Alan Wake, Too Human, Gears of War 2

Seriously though, when was the last time MS actually made an annoucement that impressed anyone?? Anything that was worthy to announce as always been leacked months in advance.. (ex: Elite models and including HDMI on all models).

Status of my expectations (learned from past "Big" MS announcements) - Low

PS. people are more then welcome to add to the list of possible MS annoucements..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Thats a great announcement.

mM

wait....so....microsoft made an announcement saying....that they will make an announcement

What's so strange about saying that there will be some big announcements at a big show?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Cool

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
What's so strange about saying that there will be some big announcements at a big show?

nothing really, I've just came to the conclusion that when MS says "BIG" it means.. well.. hmm.. not big

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I expect multiple colors of the 360. A free fire insurance with your overheating 360 would also be pretty fun.

They probably secured Goldeneye after all. A game that was hot ages ago and can be found everywhere for free these days, hurray!

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Maybe FReE 360s for a day!...lol

^_^

Or maybe even free XBL service

^_^

They are probably going to share a few things.

1. A game that will contend with Home.
2. A game that will contend with LBP.
3. Another Franchise that will be for the Casual Market.

It will be lame anyways.
MS will throw in. "Since 1st of Jan, we now have 10.1 mil live subscribers". :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil