By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Gametrailers sux, where to go now?

I used to watch all upcoming game trailers and even most video reviews on Gametrailers even though their reviews suck (biased and not very sophisticated in general). But since the overhaul of their site a week ago or so I can't stand the site. Not only did my username got stolen in the transition but the site is confusing and cluttered and ugly.

So I thought this is the chance to go somewhere else before I get used to the new design (you always do that eventually). I'm going to miss Pach-attack though.

Where do you watch your game trailers?

Around the Network

Machinima on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima/videos

I watch my game trailers on Youtube. I'm subscribed to pixelenemy and IGN so most things show up.

Yea, the new gametrailers design is abysmal. It's ugly, it's slow as hell and instead of showing a list of the newest trailers they now have news and some featured trailers on the front page, which frankly just sucks.

Additionally their new player is laggy (hey, atleast I always get "HD" quality - many others don't) and in the new video list you can't see anymore which system a trailer is for.

the only reasonable reaction to that mess is "What were they thinking ???!!!"

Well, at the moment I still use gametrailers and gamersyde (their downloads are very good quality, their stream player isn't) as I haven't come across a better alternative yet.

I use Youtube as well, GT has always been slow for me for some reason.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Machinima on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinima/videos

Do they have reviews? Quality?

I like YouTube but the problem is that I am afraid you will always stray from the path and end up checking out all sorts of random Youtube videos, basically spending hours there against your will (I have a very weak will), when you just wanted to check out the latest in gaming.

Lafiel said:
Yea, the new gametrailers design is abysmal. It's ugly, it's slow as hell and instead of showing a list of the newest trailers they now have news and some highlighted trailers on the front page, which frankly just sucks.

Additionally their new player is laggy (hey, atleast I always get "HD" quality - many others don't) and in the new trailer list you can't see anymore which system a trailer is for.

Well, at the moment I still use gametrailers and gamersyde (their downloads are very good quality, their stream player isn't) as I haven't come across a better alternative yet.

I am glad you share my feelings. That's what came to my mind too, "what on earth were they thinking?, "do they really believe this will be a success?".

Gamersyde, I love to download a video when I really want to see the graphics but if the stream player is slow like you said I don't think it's a good option.

Slimebeast said:
Lafiel said:
Yea, the new gametrailers design is abysmal. It's ugly, it's slow as hell and instead of showing a list of the newest trailers they now have news and some highlighted trailers on the front page, which frankly just sucks.

Additionally their new player is laggy (hey, atleast I always get "HD" quality - many others don't) and in the new trailer list you can't see anymore which system a trailer is for.

I am glad you share my feelings. That's what came to my mind too, "what on earth were they thinking?, "do they really believe this will be a success?".

Gamersyde, I love to download a video when I really want to see the graphics but if the stream player is slow like you said I don't think it's a good option.

Yea, gamersyde is really nice if you want to see how a 60fps game really looks like as they like to do 1080p60 videos for those games (for dl). The stream player is fast, but the so called "HD" quality setting of that one probably is at most 540p or sth, it's considerably more blurry than youtube 720p/1080p.

So many game sites seem to be unable to do smooth redesigns.

Gametrailers I actually think is okay but has some major issues. The video player will sometimes do nothing but show ridiculously blocky videos. Also the display is screwed up. There was a review listed as Amazing Spider-man DS, I click it and it's the console version...... that isn't a proper alternate. Also as seems to be the way with many sites now it seems that newer design = Bury everything one step deeper in menus. I used to be able to get to AVGN by just clicking screwattack then his tab. Two clicks. Whereas now it goes shows - AVGN - see all. Why the extra click?

Still it's a damn sight better than other redesigns. Kotaku's was so terrible and the attitude of the writers so arrogant that I entirely stopped using the site.

Likewise IGNs new design is beyond awful. It has been months and I still don't know where to find movie reviews. Like I know I can click the movie tab and there are the top 10 hot reviews. But a list of all recent reviews? I dunno I can't find it.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

I kinda wish to get a fairly complete representation of everything that's coming out including PC, even some niche games but not videos from every single indie game.

With gaming news, I think N4G is not good for me because they have just too much material, it simplye takes too long to browse. I want it more condenced so I rely on VGC forums for gaming news (thank you Nsanity for seeding out the important news).

So I wish I had the same with gaming videos, a good but not complete representation of what is released.