By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP (30th June)! A week of new releases, Vita sales increase!

These numbers can easily be met with indifference.

The holidays will be here sooner than we think; I guess it is good that Nintendo is finally dropping their next console because this generation is pretty much done with at this point. At this very same time next year, MS and Sony will have some truly poor sales unless they create a price cut in the Spring, and even that will be short-lived.

In August, Nintendo is banking a lot on the 3DS XL and NSMB2's shoulders to sell the 3DS. Outside of Japan where there is weekly consistent support, the USA has nothing pushing 3DS hardware sales right now. I'm not concerned for the long-term because the holidays will be very kind to the 3DS from 2012 to 2014, but Western teams don't release many handheld games, which causes an overexaggeration of the effect of iPhone Apps and such against the handheld market.

Vita has no true system seller until at least 2013; Call of Duty and Assassins Creed were not the answer, and if they want to regain market foothold, it needed to be this year....Last year at least the 3DS had 2 Marios and a Monster Hunter to keep it up worldwide.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Chandler said:

Why should the Wii have a good holiday season when its predecessor is on the market? It has done it's job, let it rest in peace.

Because people still wish to play Wii games, even if they don't have one yet? And they may not wish to buy a WiiU...

But the Wii U is bc. Of course there will always be people who buy the Wii over Wii U because it will be cheaper but those people will not outsell the PS360 crowd by a long shot.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Little bump for Vita, but now there's nothing big for a while, right?

Amazing how low Wii has fallen, over 70% YoY.

Only 3DS and PS3 have decent sales really.

I thought LBP was coming in June but now I can't find any source on that. Project Diva comes out in Japan though.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

SaviorX said:

The holidays will be here sooner than we think; I guess it is good that Nintendo is finally dropping their next console because this generation is pretty much done with at this point. At this very same time next year, MS and Sony will have some truly poor sales unless they create a price cut in the Spring, and even that will be short-lived.

In August, Nintendo is banking a lot on the 3DS XL and NSMB2's shoulders to sell the 3DS. Outside of Japan where there is weekly consistent support, the USA has nothing pushing 3DS hardware sales right now. I'm not concerned for the long-term because the holidays will be very kind to the 3DS from 2012 to 2014, but Western teams don't release many handheld games, which causes an overexaggeration of the effect of iPhone Apps and such against the handheld market.

Vita has no true system seller until at least 2013; Call of Duty and Assassins Creed were not the answer, and if they want to regain market foothold, it needed to be this year....Last year at least the 3DS had 2 Marios and a Monster Hunter to keep it up worldwide.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see just how far down PS3 and X360 sales will have dropped by this time next year. Just coming out of E3 2013 and the new consoles being extensively shown I can't imagine many people picking up a PS360 during that summer.

About the Vita and COD and AC3, why do you say these games are "not the answer"? Isnt AC3 coming this Fall to Vita?

Conegamer said:
small44 said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think LEGO Batman coudl've done anything as it came out on all of the platforms. (Like ALLL of the platforms!)

And Gravity Rush doesn't seem like a game that would do too well in the West.

Lego Batman is just another new game for Vita owners to play, and Gravity Rush may not be a big seller right now but that is because there are not many Vitas owned. Still has great Word of mouth, and I am sure people are buying the handheld just for that. Heck, if I have heard plenty about it then I am sure others have as well.

No, Gravity Rush just doesn't seem like a game Americans would play. It's too good.

Also, that lasy part is a lie. xD You are part of a Gaming Forum, that's why you know all this.

The game who will make people buy the psvita is the games that peoples in gaming forum say it should not be inhandheld console like Assasin Creed and Call of Dutty.

I don't think so. I don't see why people would buy a COD title on a new handheld when there's the quality and established community on the HD consoles. Same with Assassin's Creed, though to a lesser extent.

Because in psp all bestseller are not games providing handheld experience the same is happening now Gravity Rush won't even outsell even Uncharted Golden Abyss the same for the rest of new IP.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

Why so sure? Two excluisve entries of the biggest franchise in the world and a very popular one. And coming from western devs who historically don't make games for handhelds. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Slimebeast said:
SaviorX said:

Yeah, it will be interesting to see just how far down PS3 and X360 sales will have dropped by this time next year. Just coming out of E3 2013 and the new consoles being extensively shown I can't imagine many people picking up a PS360 during that summer.

About the Vita and COD and AC3, why do you say these games are "not the answer"? Isnt AC3 coming this Fall to Vita?

I'll pose you this question:

Assuming you owned a Vita and a PS3, would you buy AC3 in October on Vita, or wait 4 weeks and buy the console version on your PS3? Same thing for Call of Duty.

These 2 IPs create most of their appeal on a larger console experience. It is not like GTA Stories, the lone exception to the rule (crime on the go!) Some things just cannot work as handheld experience and vice versa.

Also, are these games really going to SELL SYSTEMS? What makes them so good that I have to buy a Vita to play it? How can I not find the same experience anywhere else?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Slimebeast said:
Xenostar said:
Seems like a conversation between 2 dogs and space marine, these sales threads really have died these days.

It's because the console war is over, it's dead. Almost no one cares apart from maybe Turkish and ethomax.

Handhelds have a new generation but people were never that interested in handheld sales and the difference between 3DS and Vita is so clear.

Sadly no one seems to care for SW sales either.

When the highest selling game is Lego Batman 2 and sells only 118K in America, can you really blame people for being indifferent? :/

PS3 software sales seem high though compared to the 360, I would've thought they'd be much lower thanks to the huge lead the 360 has on the PS3 in America :S

Similarly, are PSV games not selling? Only 3 games in the top 100 and being outsold software wise by the PSP too :/

SaviorX said:
Slimebeast said:
SaviorX said:

Assuming you owned a Vita and a PS3, would you buy AC3 in October on Vita, or wait 4 weeks and buy the console version on your PS3? Same thing for Call of Duty.

These 2 IPs create most of their appeal on a larger console experience. It is not like GTA Stories, the lone exception to the rule (crime on the go!) Some things just cannot work as handheld experience and vice versa.

Also, are these games really going to SELL SYSTEMS? What makes them so good that I have to buy a Vita to play it? How can I not find the same experience anywhere else?

I agree with you 100%. That's the Vita problem. People don't need a gimped "HD experience" on a handheld when they already have the full HD experience at home.

SaviorX said:
Slimebeast said:
SaviorX said:

Call of dutty and assasin creed will sold and will sell more consoles then any new IP in psvita just like in psp.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m