By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Confirmed specs from SDK and GPU info: DirectX 11 features!

It will NOT use DirectX 11, 10, 7, 3, 8345, whatever. DirectX is a Microsoft brand and written specifically for Windows architecture. As WiiU will not be using any form of Windows whatsoever, it will NOT use DirectX.

It WILL likely be capable of DirectX 11-type processing, but that's fairly obvious.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Can someone translate it all to English for me? Is it a decent jump form the PS3/360? And will it shut haters up?

IamAwsome said:
Can someone translate it all to English for me? Is it a decent jump form the PS3/360? And will it shut haters up?

The suggest specs suggest that is nearly 3 times as powerful as opposed to the previous belieft of 1.5 and nothing will shut them up. That is what make them haters. They love to hate. If you close one gate, they either pretend that its still opened or go through another one and keep doing the same thing.

DieAppleDie said:
"So if the WiiU has the old tessellator unit, devs could do almost the same things that a DX11 tessellator, but it would be slower and harder to program.

Unless WiiU sells as good as Wii, Nintendo is screwed."

WAIT WAIT
are you saying Nintendo is screwed because of that?.........pfff...never cease to amaze me Vgchartz.....

Do you really believe that 3rd partys are going to work harder and longer to port a PS4/nextbox game to WiiU unless the userbase is big enough and they really need those sales?

Because, from past experiences, I don't think so.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DieAppleDie said:
"So if the WiiU has the old tessellator unit, devs could do almost the same things that a DX11 tessellator, but it would be slower and harder to program.

Unless WiiU sells as good as Wii, Nintendo is screwed."

WAIT WAIT
are you saying Nintendo is screwed because of that?.........pfff...never cease to amaze me Vgchartz.....

Do you really believe that 3rd partys are going to work harder and longer to port a PS4/nextbox game to WiiU unless the userbase is big enough and they really need those sales?

Because, from past experiences, I don't think so.

Well Nintendo has said a million times how they want to have a good relationship with third-parties, going by that I assume Ninty made the Wii U as easy as possible for developers to work on, but who knows.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
VGKing said:

Edit: Not sure if this info has been posted as confirmed before, but according to this, if a game is built from the ground up for Wii U there will be a noticeable leap in graphics from the last generation.

Of course.

The jump from SD to HD is huge.

Haha.

Low blow... but it still made me laugh.

Nintendo can't use DirectX 11 in their consoles.

I don't care how powerful the WII U is, just the same as all other Nintendo systems, i want to play fun games, and not looking at some graphics that will be out-of-date a few years later.

ethomaz said:
Nintendo can't use DirectX 11 in their consoles.

And no Unreal Engine 4.

Nothing in that list is new and its all still rumor and potentially not even the final v5 dev kit. meh.