By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - $99 Android console Ouya is a real thing

ok. looks like I was wrong earlier.

I thought this was a Google made Android device and that is why I thought it was shelved and replaced by Q.

However.... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Looks like its a real device from a completely separate group and its now looking for funds.

While this looks really good overall with a lot of potential, I still think it will be eclipsed by GoogleTV and overall Android's expansion into bigger gaming later this year/early next.

Around the Network

How do you pronounce it?

All the indie games or no deal.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
All the indie games or no deal.

Its completely open and free, so it should have really any game that will offer at least a free demo.

depending how many people jump on it I will probably join as well. depending how many decent games are on it will depend on the success. judging by all the indie games on PC I think this console can be a huge success

Around the Network

Well, its easily going to hit its goal.

Its raising well over $1,000 USD per minute on Kickstarter. Its likely to hit its funding goal today.

Say hello to the Pebble V 2.0. It raised over $10m in capital, and at this rate, the game console may beat that.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it will do well in the long run, only time will tell

Nintendo and PC gamer

mrstickball said:
Well, its easily going to hit its goal.

Its raising well over $1,000 USD per minute on Kickstarter. Its likely to hit its funding goal today.

Say hello to the Pebble V 2.0. It raised over $10m in capital, and at this rate, the game console may beat that.

Which I think proves my statements/threads earlier true that next-gen consoles will require 'smart' features that are equal or more-so in importance to pure gaming.

I only hope Nintendo saw this and did add Android to WiiU as some rumors suggested. We know neXtBox will have win8 and Sony will have something (maybe Android too?).

kennyrester said:
How do you pronounce it?

I wish I could try it out. Looks neat but I already have too many games to play. The last thing I need is another console.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash