Yes 12 57.14%

No 1 4.76%

IDK 1 4.76%

StarCraft will never work... 7 33.33%

Total:21
freebs2 said:
Lafiel said:
freebs2 said:
Lots of people have adjusted to playing FPSs with analog sticks, so I don't see why they couldn't adapt SCII to this controller.

that's only because games became slower and more forgiving (regenerating health, aiming aids)

If you don't make a straight port, but a console version it could work fine. Regenerating health has nothing to do with analog sticks.

I don't see many "hardcore" gamers complaining about how slow and inaccurate a dual anlog is to aim.

it's a system to make the game more forgiving and it's used heavily in console tailored shooters, while pc tailored fps/tps games still more often than not use a regular health system, although arguably regenerating health might also serve to make games "tighter" experiences as in that you don't need to backtrack to find more health etc to progress through a hard passage that would make it close to impossible in a wounded state

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
freebs2 said:
Lafiel said:
freebs2 said:
Lots of people have adjusted to playing FPSs with analog sticks, so I don't see why they couldn't adapt SCII to this controller.

that's only because games became slower and more forgiving (regenerating health, aiming aids)

If you don't make a straight port, but a console version it could work fine. Regenerating health has nothing to do with analog sticks.

I don't see many "hardcore" gamers complaining about how slow and inaccurate a dual anlog is to aim.

it's a system to make the game more forgiving and it's used heavily in console tailored shooters, while pc tailored fps/tps games still more often than not use a regular health system, although arguably regenerating health might also serve to make games "tighter" experiences as in that you don't need to backtrack to find more health etc to progress through a hard passage that would make it close to impossible in a wounded state

True, what I mean is reg health has been entroduced because games have changed, not because of analog sticks. FPS gaming has been on consoles since N64, reg health is something of this generation.